Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU pulls EQ or TU for auto loan apps?

tag
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

NFCU pulls EQ or TU for auto loan apps?

Just as title states. Would like to know what CRA NFCU pulls for auto loan apps?  Since they pull different CRA for CLI and new credit cards. 

Current Scores

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU pulls EQ or TU for auto loan apps?

@tpdtopcop wrote:

Just as title states. Would like to know what CRA NFCU pulls for auto loan apps?  Since they pull different CRA for CLI and new credit cards. 

Data points to EQ. YEMV

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Auto-Loan-Approvals/m-p/5891752/highlight/true#M89290

Message 2 of 8
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@tpdtopcop It's a YEMV, they hit me with an HP for (TU & EQ) when I applied for my NFCU Auto Loan. I called requested to speak with a loan advisor because when I spoke with a CSR they stated it would only be (EQ). Loan advisor called me and explained: "If NFCU feels they need more information to approve you they may pull other credit reports i.e (TU) to give you the best rates and approval odds." I was a little frustrated I received two HP's from NFCU, especially back when they were HP for CLI—(also YEMV) but NFCU has been extremely good to me. I let it go and haven't had (1) issue with NFCU, knock on wood, since signing up. 

Take away: if it does happen its NFCU trying to approve you for what you asked for by looking at another report to solidify their decision. I'm sure you will be approved, either way, NFCU is awesome sauce and we're lucky to have them!

Message 3 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Excellent advice from above.

If you are looking for an EQ puller; DCU EQ5, PenFed EQ9. Langley FCU and Chartway FCU EQ8

Message 4 of 8
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Well applied and was denied. Said I would get letter in mail. No HP has appeared from my monitors and I have an 740eq and 710 TU so won't know till next week. Do you all know if BB&T or SunTrust pull Eq? That's who they pulled for my credit card from both those banks

Current Scores

Message 5 of 8
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

You would have to be a member of chart way to apply correct

Current Scores

Message 6 of 8
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

update. I just noticed I have a security freeze on my EQ. Instead of denying me wouldn't they just email me to unfreeze?

Current Scores

Message 7 of 8
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

NFCU isn't going to email you about these type of issues. You might, might get a phone call but with the high level of fraud going on I doubt that also. Taking into account COVID-19 and the high call volumes I don't see you getting a call.

Now, usually if you don't hear anything from NFCU in 24-48hrs I would call in, verify myself and ask for the status (YEMV) and this always isn't needed. This time just call in and speak with a CSR to submit the Car Loan app. and wait for there response for the app.

NFCU expects you to be aware of your freeze status's if you're applying for a product. But, on the phone "sometimes" the CSR will remind you "Hey, before we proceed do you have any freezes on your account?".

We're humans and make mistakes, crap happens, I have done it and I'm sure others have as well. Just give them a call they see the recent application and why it was denied.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.