cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Credit Union - auto loan friendly?

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Navy Fed Credit Union - auto loan friendly?

I opened an account with Navy Fed CU last night. Wondering if anyone here had auto financing experience with it. Another CU (where I have an account ) won't give me the amount that I want. Now searching for another source. Applied at Wells Fargo and I'm awaiting a decision from underwriting. Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jbsea
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Fed Credit Union - auto loan friendly?

NFCU is very auto loan friendly.  I asked for $19,000 and they countered with $24,000 and my scores are only fair at best.  I would highly recommend them.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 2 of 6
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

We did ours through NFCU. My husband applied with a score of around 680 and a dicharged bk on his CR. He asked for $32k and was approved at 1.79% for 60 mos. Very easy process and because the dealer knew they couldn't beat the rate there was zero haggle about trying to get us to finance through them.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love Love Love Navy!! Just bought my first car ever last month and used Navy! So easy and not stressful at all. I was so nervous because it was my first car purchase but it was a awesome experience. The hardest part was picking the actual car! Was instantly approved online for a couple thousand more then I asked for. Showed me the rate/payment etc online during the approval if I used the full amount of the check (which we did). Overnighted the draft check for free. Applied on Thursday, check shipped out Friday and received it Monday due to the weekend.

The dealership took the draft check with no questions asked. They were actually a preferred dealership with Navy which we didn't know about until we went there to buy the car. They were surprised that I already had the draft check and didn't have to give Navy a buyers order before getting the check. At first they told me I would have to take the buyers order to Navy and pick up the check and they were surprised (and happy) when I told them I already had the check lol The dealer never even asked me for my social and never pulled my credit. The F&I guy agreed that I should stay with Navy to build a relationship. The whole process was so easy and I dont think I will ever go through the dealer for financing, this way was just so relaxed and easy that I am happy just doing it this way from now on. navy paid the draft 2-3 days after I bought the car and a few days after that I had my promissory note/security agreement in the mail to sign and return. It was great experience and Navy has great rates to offer so I would say they are def auto loan friendly. Good Luck!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found NFCU excellent, if you didn't get approved for the amount you want simply call them.  Their customer service is outstanding.

Message 5 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks. 

As an FYI,

I applied with CapitalOne online more than a week ago and still don't have any response. No email and no snail mail. 

I applied online with Wells Fargo 4 days ago, delivered income docs to local branch same day and still have not heard from Wells Fargo. 

Isn't that strange? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.