cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Strikes Again, How Can You Not Love Them??

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Navy Fed Strikes Again, How Can You Not Love Them??

I'm preapproved for up to $50k for 90 days. 60 months @5% or 72 months @5.44%. Either way, I'm all smiles Smiley Happy Let the shopping begin!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
WildestDreams
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Fed Strikes Again, How Can You Not Love Them??

woo hoo!! congrats! Did the pull TU?

BKCH7 - Discharged Dec 2022
Message 2 of 11
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Yep, gotta love em . Congrats on your preapproval. Have fun shopping !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k | 1 months until BK7 disappears |
( EE from TU & EX )
Message 3 of 11
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Thank you! Yes, TU was pulled. 

Message 4 of 11
precision
Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

I'm preapproved for up to $50k for 90 days. 60 months @5% or 72 months @5.44%. Either way, I'm all smiles Smiley Happy Let the shopping begin!!

What are your data points?

Message 5 of 11
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Score was 674 at the time it was pulled. I've been a member of Navy Fed for over 10 years now. I have 3 credit cards wit them, all with large credit limits. I rarely carry a balance. I also have an auto loan I paid off 4 years ago. I hope this helps. Navy is relationship based. 

Message 6 of 11
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Have to agree - NFCU is freaking fantastic!

Message 7 of 11
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I agree that NFCU is awesome.

I recently bought a car in another state over the phone. I utilized the manufacturer's credit which was at 5.59% for 72 months (Ford's best rate for 36 to 72 months on the vehicle I purchased). It made it easier for everyone involved to use Ford's financing. The dealer got paid quickly, my trade was paid off quickly, and nothing but a signature from my end.

Once I received the title work from the dealership, I applied for a new car refinance with NFCU. 72 months at 5.04%. Plus, the $200 bonus for the refinance from NFCU. If I take the full 72 months, I will save $1,015 in interest plus the $200 bonus compared to the Ford financing.

Message 8 of 11
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Awesome for you, congrats! I thought of going that route however, Toyota/Lexus weren't giving out any special financing for the vechicle I purchased. Navy was the best move for me.

Message 9 of 11
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

When you applied, did you ask for a lesser amount and they counered with $50k or did you ask for the specific amount of $50k?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.