Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Auto Loan

I was preapproved for $18,000 however I found a vehicle for only $15,000. I was told by someone who done it before that Navy Federal can deposit the remaining balance to me since I was approved for that amount. When I called Navy Federal they said no check is only made to dealer for purchase amount. I wanted use the difference to consolidate all other debt and only have car loan. Does anyone know if its true that you can ask for remaining balance of the approved loan?

6 REPLIES 6
babbles
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Auto Loan

That's  correct, proceeds would be made out to the exact amount of the vehicle purchase and that's what your repayment terms  are based on.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, When you received your pre-approval, it means that you were approved up to the maximum of $18000. 

I have a car financed with Navy Fed as well, they've been fantastic! Welcome to the club and Congratulations!

I received my finance check from Navy, and brought it to the dealer. The dealer can finance up to whatever your approval amount is, but if it's less than you simply wouldn't receive those funds.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus, It's an auto loan, not a personal loan.

Message 4 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the auto loan approval!

Message 6 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Penfed offered to give me the cash over the price of a vehicle I financed with them. However the vehicle was worth almost $5k more than the requested loan amount.

I declined, but I can see where it could be useful in the right situation.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.