Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Auto Loan - Where to Apply Online

tag
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Need Auto Loan - Where to Apply Online

My mom has found a car she wants via private seller.  What is the best online auto loan service/bank?  She is not a member of a credit union and doesnt plan on joining one no matter what I say.

She has 4 accounts on her credit report.  All of them were paid on time, never had a late.  1 account is closed due to non use, 1 is a macys store card with a 0 balance, 1 is care credit (joint with me) 1100 balance, 1 Belk Store Card 100 balance.  Is she likely to get approved although she has no open regular credit cards?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Auto Loan - Where to Apply Online

You need to help your Mom find a credit union to join.  Here is how....each state has a Credit Union League...I would suspect they all have a web site.  Either get on your leagues web site or call them directly to find out what credit union she can join.

If you still strike out, I would go to a local bank. 

You actually are pretty much forced to stay local....if you think about it, A car loan requires that the finance company have the title in hand when the money is handed over.  I don't believe too many finance companies work on trusting people to send them the title.

I cannot over emphasize the importance of financing a car with someone you can see face to face. 

In your case, the local bank will insure they have a good title before they will lend the money.

Lastly, when your Mom goes to sell her car, the local bank can do the transaction for her, handle the money the $$, issue the title to the buyer ensuring  there really is money behind the check or bank draft used to buy her car.  Besides, she will get more $$ for it rather than trading it in.

Good luck...borrow loca!

Lew

Message 2 of 4
msheresy
Regular Contributor

She doesnt want to join a credit union.  What is a good online site to apply for a private seller loan?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have your Mom rethink her opionion on joining a Credit Union...

Her 2nd choice is a local Bank....

As far as my recommendation for an on-line site...I don't have one, nor would I EVER recommend one.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.