cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to purchase car: Subprime credit high income have co-signer with excellent credit fixed income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to purchase car: Subprime credit high income have co-signer with excellent credit fixed inc

If it's one or the other then my inclination would be to pay off the current car as you had planned.

Message 11 of 13
SoundoftheSuburbs
New Contributor

Re: Need to purchase car: Subprime credit high income have co-signer with excellent credit fixed inc

I would purchase something nice but inexpensive. Even if you are looking for a luxury car, you can find a reliable W211 Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY2003-2009) for under $10k. The V8s are more reliable and in better condition. You can also find some Lexus models which are even more reliable. I think going for a new car payment when you are worried about existing debt payments is misguided.

February 2023 FICO 8

Equifax - 546
TransUnion - 539
Experian - 563
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

While lenders use your actual credit scores they also have internal custom scores those are the scores determining the terms of your loan those take into account the actual structure of the deal ie. down payment , the type of vehicle , the mileage ,Ltv and believe it sometimes used cars score better because New cars depreciatiate significantly.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.