Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negotiating price and rebates

tag
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

Negotiating price and rebates

If I am financing my new car through Capital One, would I still be eligible for Ford rebates on new vehicles?  From everything I'm reading, October is a great month to buy new 2018 vehicles because dealers have incentive to move out the older new vehicles to make room for the next year's models.  On the dealer website under incentives it says $2500 rebate.  

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Re: Negotiating price and rebates

You would still get the rebates when you bring your own financing unless some or all of the rebates are dependent on you financing with Ford Motor Credit at the dealer.  

Message 2 of 5
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I used Cap One (2.49% for 72 months with no money down) on a new car and negotiated everything before financing.

As long as the rebate is not tied to Ford Credit, there is no difference between Cap One financing and cash.

BTW, the better the deal you get on the car, the better your rates are with Cap One.  The same car can go up or down a few APR points depending on how good the deal is.  I got $7k off sticker so I got the best rate.  My APR actually went down .50% APR after negotiating the car price.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 5
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

So the salesperson is claiming the price includes the customer cash. But that was the price in September when I got my preapproval. And the info on the incentive says it was valid October 1, 2018-1/9/2019. So I don't know if I can believe him.
myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 4 of 5
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

The $2,500 rebate incentive is coming from Ford, not the dealer, so you're guaranteed that money off from any Ford dealership. You should still be able to get a discounted price off the MSRP (before taxes & fees) in ADDITION to the incentives. I just bought my car from Mazda and got $2750 off in incentives, as well as $1250 off the price ($4k total). A few dealerships tried to claim they were giving me $2,000 off and when I asked them if that was on top of the incentives, they got all flustered and backtracked. Needless to say, I went with the dealership that didn't try to trick me. Shop around and try to get a price from a few dealers to compare, and let them know you already know about incentives and are looking for additional savings from them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.