cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year, abruptly yanked out of the garden!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Year, abruptly yanked out of the garden!

Mulling along happily in the garden after a successful rebuilding year - then my car had other ideas.

So, I've just been approved for an auto loan with Navy Fed, and my goal of purchasing another home has been pushed back for at least six more months until my file recovers from this little unexpected hiccup.

Bonus: since I just killed my AAoA anyway, I apped for my first hotel rewards card, on a soft pull from AMEX, so at least I got that going for me.

Back to the garden again!

3 REPLIES 3
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: New Year, abruptly yanked out of the garden!

Congratulations on your auto loan approval and AMEX card approval!

Can you share any details about the Navy approval process? Was it 100% financed? Thanks!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@19eighty5 wrote:

Congratulations on your auto loan approval and AMEX card approval!

Can you share any details about the Navy approval process? Was it 100% financed? Thanks!

Thank you!

It was an easy 5 min process. I logged in to my account, applied and received approval. I was offered a higher amount but declined.

You'll be offered the max they will lend for your creditworthiness/dti/score, etc. You'll then be asked if you'd like the higher amount or the originally requested amount.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approvals! 

Seems like a Credit Union assisted you here! This is probably the smartest decision individuals make when they are buying cars to stick with a local credit union. They keep the rates well within what you need. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.