Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New auto loan chances?

tag
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Re: New auto loan chances?

@Anonymous wrote:
I am not sure where you got your information but the GM employee discount is not the only discount. The person I'll be getting it from was also able to get a code and was able to use the code plus cash back incentives. He bought a brand new 35k truck for just under 20k, doubt that's just one discount.

I get my information from having worked (and still working for) a GM dealership the last 10 years. I didn't say GM Employee was the only discount. I said if you see an offer for 20% off a particular vehicle (like you mentioned) that it cannot be combined with any other offer (meaning an employee code is useless). Havent heard of anyone buying a new truck for under $20k in a decade.....seeing as used ones that are 2 years old with 35k miles still bring $28-32k as trade in depending on equipment. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New auto loan chances?

Mega discount or not, you're still going to pay more in the long run on buying a new car vs. getting your LTV under control and refinancing. Get out of the negative equity trap for good.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.