Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cards and new auto loan

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

New cards and new auto loan

I just was approved for 2 new cards last month: AMEX Premier Rewards Gold and Gold Delta SkyMiles.

I was also approved for a credit line increase of $5000 on another card (BoA 1-2-3) which I just got on Monday. 

They aren't reporting yet (no preset spending limit on the Gold and $5k on the Delta) and my current utilization on my cards is <10%

Over the next day or so they may actually report as my AMEX statement cut date is today and Friday respectively. 

My scores are 700-710 across the board. 

Do I apply for a car loan immediately, before my new cards report?

Do I wait until they report, so that the credit union sees that I am trusted with a decent credit limit on my cards?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New cards and new auto loan

I'd apply now.  Downpayment is the larger factor in approvals, score is more for APR.  In this case from your siggy you will slash your AAOA in half (assuming it is more than two years now that is) and the underwriter isn't going to care about your limits on revolvers.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.