Your score is pretty low, so I would wait if you want the best interest rate. It won't hurt though if you want to see if/what you qualify for, or check out some cars, but I wouldn't buy any car until your score jumps.
Also, with your score so low, consider a cosigner.
Even still, 5 months is very short. If you can get a good deal at the dealership, that's awesome. Otherwise, even with a decent score, you might get 15-20% car loans without a cosigner.