Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member here, need autofinancing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New member here, need autofinancing

Hey all, ill be honest, my score is horrible at high 400's. But my wifes car has had it. Does anyone know who would finance someone with no money down witH my score?  Thanks for any info

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New member here, need autofinancing

Likely none. There might be some places out there that can finance you with a very high down payment and a high interest. But in the end you might end up paying 30-40% more than the car is worth. I'd take the $3000+++ you'd have to fork out for a down payment and use that for a used car. Then I'd focus on repair. In 3-4-5 months or whenever then you can get financed at a lower rate with less down.

Message 2 of 3
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Re: New member here, need autofinancing

@llecs wrote:

Likely none. There might be some places out there that can finance you with a very high down payment and a high interest. But in the end you might end up paying 30-40% more than the car is worth. I'd take the $3000+++ you'd have to fork out for a down payment and use that for a used car. Then I'd focus on repair. In 3-4-5 months or whenever then you can get financed at a lower rate with less down.

I agree 100%.  Sell your wife's car for whatever you can get for it (provided you don't still owe), scrape together whatever money you can, and buy a used car that will get you from point A to point B.  Then, work on your credit until you are in a position to take out a loan.  This site is WONDERFUL at helping folks get their credit cleaned up.  With some hard work, a little luck, and a lot of persistence, you can do this!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.