Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nissan Finance Minimum Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nissan Finance Minimum Auto Loan

Going to be purchasing a new Nissan Rogue Sport, 21.5k OTD. My uncle is lending me 16k to buy the car, I will pay him back  monthly, his idea to loan me the money.I have a Capital One pre approval for 35k so I could finance $5500 with them.Would Nissan Finance only $5500? What rate should I expect from Nissan with a 592 Experian 8 score but a 16k down payment?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Nissan Finance Minimum Auto Loan

Any bank would make the loan because you are putting down so much up front.

With your score I would take a look at the interest rate.

What is Cap 1 Auto Navigator quoting you ?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Around 11.5%

Message 3 of 5
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

If Nissan won't finance that amount you can take a larger loan then prepay.  WF wouldn't finance less than 7500 on a used car loan I co-signed on in January. My DH and her husband wanted to finance only 4k. So we took the 7500 loan then used the balance of the money they intended to use towards down payment and put it towards the principal. In the long run this turned out to be beneficial because it dropped the utilization % on the loan way down. 

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KatSoDak wrote:

If Nissan won't finance that amount you can take a larger loan then prepay.  WF wouldn't finance less than 7500 on a used car loan I co-signed on in January. My DH and her husband wanted to finance only 4k. So we took the 7500 loan then used the balance of the money they intended to use towards down payment and put it towards the principal. In the long run this turned out to be beneficial because it dropped the utilization % on the loan way down. 

Wound up with a small loan for $5602 from the dealer through Ally @17.44

Should of listened to you & put down only 13k instead so I would have had  lower rate & more lender options, my loan was too small. Dealer F&I was a pain so I just took smallest loan.  possible and left. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.