Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No proof of income. Auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No proof of income. Auto loan

At the moment I am employed but I get paid in cash from my boss. I plan on buying  a new car sometime between september and november. The car I plan on buying is more than likely going to be a kia optima or if I can find a used kia cadenza if I can find one at the right price. My transunion fico is about 770 Experian is 758 and Equifax is unknown since I don't get those 2 scores for free from discovercard. I plan on putting about 6,000 to 8,000 for a down payment so my monthly payments will be around 200 a month give or take a few dollars. What are the chances of getting asked for proof of income when I go to purchase?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No proof of income. Auto loan

Its possible depending on the bank. Some will want to verify your income, others wont.
I would reccomend you start depositing every cent into a bank account so that you can show at least 2 months of bank statements that show a consistent deposit.
Message 2 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I have purchased in excess of 40 (probably 50 counting boats and bikes) vehicles over the last 50 years - I can't remember ever being asked for "proof of income" just the number. Not that I would object to supplying w-2's or pay stubs they just have never asked. I'll also say that I can't remember any that were not "spot delivered".

With the amount of down payment you are offering, just list your income - don't overstate - you'll be fine. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get paid in cash all you want, but if you aren't paying taxes I wouldn't advertise it...

Message 4 of 5
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can get paid in cash all you want, but if you aren't paying taxes I wouldn't advertise it...

1) Where in OP's posting did they indicate that they are not paying taxes? Did you ask if OP has filed income tax returns to offer POI to a dealership if asked, or is there only an assumption on your part that OP is not claiming income, thus not paying income tax?

2) Where in your response did you assist OP with information relative to their concern? #Off-topicResponse

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.