Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sales

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No sales

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else is thinking like me but, my husband and I make over 10 grand a month, yes 10 grand. One of the problems is our credit is slow/bad,  so one would thing  someone out there would give us a chance to get a new car. NOT the car builders don't understand that the reason they are getting layed off is because loan company's are not loaning out money, and they are not even giving anyone a second chance.. This is bad, I'm waiting on wal-mart to close next, and if they do than you know we are really in trouble..
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No sales

Uhm......not accurate.

You state you make $10K net per month.......what savings do you have? What credit scores do you have?

I am in the 780's and got a rollover loan at a sweet interest rate....$50K per year and no other debt.

If you don't have the stability you won't get a loan.

Walmart actually posted 3rd quarter earnings.....above their speculated rate.....so they are good. Money dosen't always solve everything.

Edited to add: those in the auto industry plants make $30 plus an hour and after tenure are offered fantastic packages.....the union is a beautiful thing! 

Message Edited by 1111mel on 11-11-2008 10:12 PM
Message 2 of 6
bevj2
Established Member

I feel your pain...due to a recent divorce, my credit is in the toilet (thanks to my ex who DIDN'T keep his word about paying certain bills).  He also took the car, which was in his name only, even though I've been the one making payments on it.  Now, I'm without transportation...I make decent money (4K/month), but have been denied EVERYWHERE!  My CU (been a member for over a year), Roadloans, dealerships....and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better in the credit industry any time soon.  What is one to do???  LOL
Message 3 of 6
Takunda1
Established Contributor

@bevj2 wrote:
I feel your pain...due to a recent divorce, my credit is in the toilet (thanks to my ex who DIDN'T keep his word about paying certain bills).  He also took the car, which was in his name only, even though I've been the one making payments on it.  Now, I'm without transportation...I make decent money (4K/month), but have been denied EVERYWHERE!  My CU (been a member for over a year), Roadloans, dealerships....and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better in the credit industry any time soon.  What is one to do???  LOL

Simple solution.....buy a cash car. There are many cars that stil drive well and will only cost you $2k or 3k. Forget the financing of vehicles in this current economy it is best to be without debt.
Message 4 of 6
bevj2
Established Member

Takunda, your advice is right on, and trust me, I only wish I could!  Unfortunately, I have no savings (again, due to divorce and a move to the mainland from Hawaii), and it would take me a few months to save up a couple grand.  But....I'm lucky, at least I have family nearby who take me to the store, doctor, etc.  So for now, I just have to sit back, try to save, and hope things get better!!  Smiley Happy   
Message 5 of 6
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Open a account at a local CU, Credit Unions are more compassionate about

circumstances from the past. It may require some money down though (enough

to cover taxes and tags)If you explain your situation they may help, what are your scores? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.