Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non authorized credit inquires

tag
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Non authorized credit inquires

I was thinking about purchasing a vehical from Infiniti, I only told them to pull my credit at the dealership and ONLY to submit it to Infiniti financial services, make a long story short they shot it around to 6 banks, making 6 more inquires on my transunion, I did not authorize thease regardless if they came back with an approval from Infiniti for 42.5k @ 7.9APR, 7.9 is still high, and I only told them to send it to Infiniti because I know I had the best luck of getting a loan with them..... What should I do? I told the sales rep I'm going to talk there deal over with my brother to see if I should do it? It's just that I HATE when people don't listen to me, I only wanted him to run my credit 1-2 times MAx (dealer pull, Infiniti financial services pull) people just don't listen to what you ask/...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Non authorized credit inquires

Unfortunately the verbal request is not going to allow for any action on your part. Even if you had put it in writing it would still be an uphill battle because once the dealership sent the info the banks had no knowledge of your request. If you decide to go through with the deal with them you could talk to the sales manager and express your dissatisfaction and see what he may be willing to do to compensate you. Maybe a free service package or some such.

The good news as far as FICO scoring is concerned is that even though all of the inquiries will show on the report for scoring purposes they will be treated as a single inquiry. And if in the future you apply for other credit and are turned down for number of inquiries you can explain that they were auto related and on the same day.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

They will only count as one if they were done in a short time span.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 3 of 5
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Okay yea they were yesterday and today?
Message 4 of 5
MB2714
Regular Contributor

The implied authority you gave by authorizing them to send to Infiniti also gives them authority to send to other lenders, weather verbal or written. You authorized a credit transaction.
Chapter 7 Discharge April 2015. .Transunion 662 07/2017
Equifax 652 07/2017
Experian 657 07/2017
Cap One QS $2,200; Cap One QS$2,950; Cap One PSVisa $1,100; Nordstrom Visa $3,500; Target $300; Syncb/Walmart $500; VonMaur $500; Cap1/Saks $500; Barclays MC(AU) $6,400; Buckle $250; Syncb/Car Care (AU) $2,500.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.