Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non resident alien (H1B visa), need advice

tag
monn

Non resident alien (H1B visa), need advice

Hello,

I have a question regarding auto loan. My immigration status is non resident alien. I am on h1b visa (temporary visa), 6 months left, will be renewed in January (for another 3 years). I plan to do loan shopping in the near future, but I'm too afraid to apply to multiple lenders at once.

Based on your experience, what is the chance that my loan application would get approved? Honda Finance rejected my application because my visa expiration date needs to be at least 2 years from now (I couldn't wait for the renewal, my car is broken now). Should I try to apply one first, and apply others later when the first application is approved?

I plan to apply the Chase auto loan first. What do you think about that loan? Or maybe CU->bank->dealer finance would be a better path?

Just checked my FICO score through this website, it's 771. I don't know much about this credit system. I actually have cash, but plan to beat the loan rate with investment rate.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jchu2013
Valued Member

Re: Noon resident alien (H1B visa), need advice

How did honda finance know you visa status?

Most of my friends with h1b applied any car loans with no problem at all..provided they have good credit history and proof of income.

My current situation :
Credit Score : NONE.
BOA secured card (4000), US bank secured card (4000)
4 Inquiries in Dec 2012
0 BAD

Message 2 of 3
monn

Re: Noon resident alien (H1B visa), need advice

They asked it (phone call). Maybe different dealer has different policy?

I got some friends that is also in the same status, but approved by BMW and Audi financial service. Maybe european car dealers are loan friendly?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.