cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October - Is this a good month for great new/used car deals??

tag
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

October - Is this a good month for great new/used car deals??

Hi Everyone!

I've been working hard on improving my credit health since the begginning of the year in preparation of purchasing a new or used car. Can anyone share their experience or knowledge with me as far as the best time of the year to get the best deals and interest rates on a new or used car?

Also, I live in Texas....any recommendations on lenders I should seek financing from based on my current FICO scores?

Thank you in advance for sharing!!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

Re: October - Is this a good month for great new/used car deals??

Ive heard the best time is like Nov/Dec because they are trying to liquidate their cars for the new year and alot of people are not shopping for a car because of the Christmas holiday.  Thats when you get the best prices and interest rates

Starting Score: EQ 462 9/30/11
Current Score: TU 577 4/10/12 EQ 607 4/10/12 PLUS 627 4/10/12 Beacon 5.0 621 lender pull 4/13/12
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I tend to lean towards the best time is during the release of the next years cars if you are interest in a new car that is already almost a year old... except you missed that... so next best thing is usually the last day of the month but really these days I'm not sure how much better of a deal you can get (you are either good at negotiating or your not... just check kkb.com and they will tell you the sticker and what the dealer paid and what you could expect to pay, it's pretty accurate based on my experience of helping my parents by a new car last month.

Also what kind of car are you looking for, basically everyone is currently offering specials, it's just getting them to give you that rate if you are borderline.

Message 3 of 9
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Thank you MsTucker09!!!

Message 4 of 9
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Thanks Creditaddict!  Great info!

Message 5 of 9
guydiver
Established Contributor

We bought a car on Dec. 23.  It was late in the day and my credit union would not be able to do the loan until after the holiday.  The dealer was so intent on making the deal he got my wife financed on her own, and knocked another 2K off the price just so she would qualify. Best car deal I ever made.

Message 6 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

You might still be able to find some 2011s around..

I am in Dallas and picked up a 2011 2 weeks ago, they only had a couple left on the lot..

Message 7 of 9
wwinter
Contributor

Does this same logic apply to used cars on the dealers lots at the end of the year?  Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
guydiver
Established Contributor

Mine was used, and to a dealer , a sale is a sale.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.