cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of auto loan with 1.25 years credit history?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Odds of auto loan with 1.25 years credit history?

I would steer clear of Auto Credit Express. It is a lead generating company for dealerships. They do not pre-approve you, they simply sell your credit information to a dealership and the dealership will then pull your credit and have authorization to submit your credit to any lender they have, often generating ton's of inquiries.

AMEX BCE ($39,500) CITI AAdvantage ($20,500) Region's Platinum Card ($14,400) Discover IT ($23,000) Macy's ($7,000) Chase FU ($10,000) Barclay's Aviator ($22,000) TU:778 EX: 781 EQ:791
Message 11 of 14
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the wonderful info guys.

Yes i pay the full 1400 rent.
I live comfortably as is. Are you saying its hard for them to approve me with 44% going to rent? I do have plans to switch careers or move to a cheaper area but my wife loves it here.
BofA Cash Rew: 16k+
Citi Premier: 7k+
Citi DC: 7k+
Chase Amazon: 4k+
Cap1 QS1: 2k+
Barclays Uber: 8k+

Next App in: Late Oct 2019

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.

Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@NaaryalHead wrote:
Thanks for the wonderful info guys.

Yes i pay the full 1400 rent.
I live comfortably as is. Are you saying its hard for them to approve me with 44% going to rent? I do have plans to switch careers or move to a cheaper area but my wife loves it here.

My understanding is that yes, that could be one of the reasons you're being passed up. Ideally, lenders want to see a Debt to Income ratio of 36% or less. Your scores are pretty good, and you have several cards with a high CL. But the low income combined with your higher rent obligation is a negative in their eyes. My rent is $1600, but I split it with my fiance, so my obligation is $800. With my income, that means my DTI was only 15% when I applied, which I think helped greatly in my case because I only have EXP reporting and 2 credit cards with low limits (which I PIF every month) at the time I applied . I think you said you are a member of two credit unions? Maybe you can talk to them about your case to see what they say and if they'll work with you...especially since you're an existing customer.

*Edit - I'm assuming the income you posted is before taxes. DTI is calculated on your gross income.

Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thank you. Yes the income is before taxes.
BofA Cash Rew: 16k+
Citi Premier: 7k+
Citi DC: 7k+
Chase Amazon: 4k+
Cap1 QS1: 2k+
Barclays Uber: 8k+

Next App in: Late Oct 2019

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.