cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a Volvo from Dealership....

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ordering a Volvo from Dealership....

Oh ok I see now. They get a bonus for each car but its not as much as if they were selling it at msrp on the lot. Are you into volvos trumpet?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 19
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Oh ok I see now. They get a bonus for each car but its not as much as if they were selling it at msrp on the lot. Are you into volvos trumpet?

No. My dad was into Volvo at one point, but he went for Subaru Forester in the end.

Which is why sometime buying a car near end of the month might allow you to slash the price slightly further, since they get their bonus on monthly basis. Same if you walk in one to two hours before they are close for the day, casue they want to go home early. Generally you have many people walk into dealership without doing some research on invoice price. These people then negotiate price based on MSRP, not invoice price or out of door price. Dealership makes a lot of money from these people.

I recommend you buy a GPS unit from Tomtom or Garmin and use it over Volvo navigation unit. OEM Navigation unit never was good.

Message 12 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

No. My dad was into Volvo at one point, but he went for Subaru Forester in the end.

Which is why sometime buying a car near end of the month might allow you to slash the price slightly further, since they get their bonus on monthly basis. Same if you walk in one to two hours before they are close for the day, casue they want to go home early. Generally you have many people walk into dealership without doing some research on invoice price. These people then negotiate price based on MSRP, not invoice price or out of door price. Dealership makes a lot of money from these people.

I recommend you buy a GPS unit from Tomtom or Garmin and use it over Volvo navigation unit. OEM Navigation unit never was good.

thanks for the suggestion! I didn't really want the nav unit but my husband suggested we get it. We use his iphone when we travel together. I have a blackberry maps but they stink! I have never purchased a brand new car before so this will be exciting. Ive always purchased slightly used to get the best deal. Unfortunately used car prices have skyrocketed and I don't think a used car will give me the best deal. The ones on the lot were nice but they had a cheesy wood grain that I didn't care for. Also I wanted r design but they didn't have one on their lot. They primarily sell Lincoln's.... they only had 8 xc90s and only 3 of them had awd.
FICO 9:

Message 13 of 19
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Thing that sets a brand new car and slightly used car apart is depreciation. A brand new car depreciate fast while a preowned car does not.

If you are really into AWD check out Subaru Outback (2.5i/3.6R Limited) or Tribeca. I'm not joking when I say Subaru makes the best AWD drivetrain.

Whatever you do, use winter tire. Don't use tire chain on AWD drivetrain.

Message 14 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

1. I don't doubt you about the suburu. I experienced what they can do in the winters up in Wyoming and Colorado. The suburus on the road never had an issue with whatever mother nature decided to dish out. I was driving a ford explorer 4x4 with off road tires in those days. I never had a problem. I was driving up and down mountainous terrain on a pipeline right of way. For this purchase I need the 7 seats because of all the kids I haul around. I bought a ford explorer sport trac in 2011 and it handles snow really well.. it has 4 x 4. I personnally am considering just volvo because ive experienced first hand the differences between the volvo and other cars in a rear end collision. The WHIPS system works great!
FICO 9:

Message 15 of 19
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on your purchase I read about in the approvals thread

Message 16 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks credit314!
FICO 9:

Message 17 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you. nfcu and u have built a gr8 relationship.

Message 18 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@wallyworld123 wrote:

Congrats to you. nfcu and u have built a gr8 relationship.

Thanks wallyworld123!

UPDATE:  I ordered the car today whoo hoo!

Take delivery around Middle of December Smiley Happy

Easy as pie....  Dealership tried to convince me to go with US Bank, since there might be an issue with them getting paid, since the title won't be available... I convinced them otherwise...  All NFCU needs is the VIN # to be able to authorize the payment... after that, you have 90 days to get the paperwork turned back in.

FICO 9:

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.