Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAID CHARGE-OFF AUTO LOANS.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PAID CHARGE-OFF AUTO LOANS.

Looking for concrete advice. I've had two CO auto loans--one in 2015 and February 2018. However, both were paid and are now reflected as such on my credit reports--all three.
Questions:
1.How will this affect new auto loan application in about 4-6 months from now? I haven't been late since 2015 with my auto payments.
2.Does it really matter whether it's a "paid charge-off"? Or, the fact that the CO exist is what really matters?
3. Would any captive lender even look at me with those Cos? Or would they be more concern with my current auto loan?
As always, love this community. I'm looking for constructive responses.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PAID CHARGE-OFF AUTO LOANS.

@Anonymous wrote:
Looking for concrete advice. I've had two CO auto loans--one in 2015 and February 2018. However, both were paid and are now reflected as such on my credit reports--all three.
Questions:
1.How will this affect new auto loan application in about 4-6 months from now? I haven't been late since 2015 with my auto payments.
2.Does it really matter whether it's a "paid charge-off"? Or, the fact that the CO exist is what really matters?
3. Would any captive lender even look at me with those Cos? Or would they be more concern with my current auto loan?
As always, love this community. I'm looking for constructive responses.

1. Believe it or not it will affect you. A Charge-Off according to financial holder is practically removing the debt from their books. It does not remove you're financial responsibility. HOWEVER, having the balance at zero shows that you made a mistake, and rebounded from this mistake. 

2. Charge Off still means you missed payments with the financial holder ( creditor). It could impact you're interest rate on a newer loan. 

3. Typically a bank will not mess with stuff thats older than 3-4 years as that does not give a clear picture of whom you are. Lifes change all the time, and so will you're credit report. 

Now, I would like to state that every bank is different on how they write a loan. I would consult a credit union before getting a loan as they work with individuals that have had issues with credit, and or just needing a more personal touch. IMO I only work with credit unions on loans. They are member owned, and its very friendly to sit face to face, and explain the issues. 

Best of luck! 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the timely response. I will be putting down 20% on my next vehicle purchase. I hope they will sweeten the deal.
Thanks
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK:AUDI FINANCIAL
BUREAU PULLED:EXPERIAN and TRANSUNION
CREDIT SCORE:630

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL: HP
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:NY
NEW/USED: USED
YEAR OF VEHICLE:2017
MAKE:AUDI
MODELSmiley Frustrated6
MILEAGE:11910
FINANCE/LEASE:FINANCE

PURCHASE PRICE:56,995
AMOUNT OF LOAN:65000
TERM CONTRACTED:72
APR/LEASE RATE:4.99
MONTHLY PAYMENT:1100
ANNUAL INCOME:135000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:45
AUDI does not pull or use EQUIFAX in any credit decisions--only EXP. and TRANS. Quite frankly, I was shocked I was approved. I had a few approvals but each offered higher interest rates--from 9% to 11%--from Capital One, ALLY, MCU, CHASE, etc. ALLY wanted 25000 down. AUDI only requested $5000. I could not refuse this captive lender. Also, MyFICO auto-enhanced scores were precisely what they pulled. I just wished they had used my TU auto score which was 695, instead they used EXPERIAN. The finance manager pointed out that audi financial predominantly uses EXPERIAN credit reports.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.