Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paystubs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paystubs

I plan to purchase a new truck after my next raise at work. I get the raise in early september. I am waiting so my income looks better on paper. I normally work 40 hours, but as of now Im working 30 hours until october 1st. If my lender requests paystubs, are they concerned with total pay on the stubs? Or are they looking at hourly rate x 40 hours? My concern is short hours will not reflect my annual income

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paystubs

They may not check it. But, if they do then they're going to look at what's on the pay stub multiplied out to a year. They're going to treat a 30 hour pay stub as a 30 hour pay stub- 25% less income than a 40 hour one.

You'd have to have a w2 or something else to support the projected income, or wait for the paystub to reflect the new income. That's if they check it.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paystubs

Just for data points, 

I have purchased many new cars from multiple toyota dealers and never had to show income whatsoever.

This will vary with credit report and perhaps current conditions

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.