Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed 3 REFIs and 1 New Car in 7 Days!

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

PenFed 3 REFIs and 1 New Car in 7 Days!

With my scores up and my 1 year relationship with PenFed with ZERO products, it was time to get my autos taken care of. We have four vehicles in our house with driving children etc. I could not believe that PenFed approved four loans in less than a week. All four checks have arrived and loans paid off.

$31k REFI from 15% to 6% approved. 

$40k NEW auto 6.5% approved.

$15k REFI from 12% to 5.7% approved.

$15k REFI from 13% to 6% approved.

$102k in total auto loans in less than 7 days! Payments dropped and a year's interest eliminated in most of the REFIs. After all was said and done, the new automobile added in to our monthly loan was still less than the three cars at the higher interest rates. Wife and I have our cars and the kid's cars are lower interest too. It has been a big growth year financially and score wise after paying off debt and baddies from the past. Feels great to get good interest rates again! Still makes me sick that we have four automobiles...

Stats: $200k combined husband/wife income / Scores below. My nextgen score from PenFed is still only 615 despite having a 724 credit karma and 648 FICO 8 on Equifax. I was surprised they let me have four auto loans with that Next Gen Score.... I'll take it!

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed 3 REFIs and 1 New Car in 7 Days!

Congrats! Glad it worked out for you.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Dallas, that is awesome!!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 15 months, I have gotten 2 leases and 7 auto loans. 8 of which are for my business in which I am the personal guarantor for. How does that add up to others?

@dallasareaguy wrote:

With my scores up and my 1 year relationship with PenFed with ZERO products, it was time to get my autos taken care of. We have four vehicles in our house with driving children etc. I could not believe that PenFed approved four loans in less than a week. All four checks have arrived and loans paid off.

$102k in total auto loans in less than 7 days! Payments dropped and a year's interest eliminated in most of the REFIs. After all was said and done, the new automobile added in to our monthly loan was still less than the three cars at the higher interest rates. Wife and I have our cars and the kid's cars are lower interest too. It has been a big growth year financially and score wise after paying off debt and baddies from the past. Feels great to get good interest rates again! Still makes me sick that we have four automobiles...

Stats: $200k combined husband/wife income / Scores below. My nextgen score from PenFed is still only 615 despite having a 724 credit karma and 648 FICO 8 on Equifax. I was surprised they let me have four auto loans with that Next Gen Score.... I'll take it!

@dallasareaguy wrote:

my business and I am the personal guarantor for. How does that add up to others. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.