cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed is AMAZING!!!! Logix, not some much...

tag
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

PenFed is AMAZING!!!! Logix, not some much...

I just had to come on here and give some love out to PenFed. They are an amazing institution. Great rates, honest, and detailed. I just got a loan through PenFed on my dream car (1999 Corvette with only 33,000 miles!!!) I orginally had a loan through Logix aka Lockheed Credit Union. My first tip to something being wrong with Logix should have been that they use Experian but I digress, the lady that helped me approved me instantly and that was it. No discussion of terms other than it being 2.9% @ 60 month, nothing just here is your loan go shopping. After test driving 10 cars and giving her 10 VIN's I settled on one and she told me everything was great submit the PO. I submitted the PO after 3 days of late nights and haggling at multiple dealerships. She then calls me back to tell me her mistake she can't finance the 1999. I was angry because the deal was done, all the time I wasted, and she never hinted to me that it would be an issue. After sobbing and freaking out for about 15 minutes I got a tip to call PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union). I was approved for a "Classic Car Loan" (they use Equifax) which covered my 99 Vette. Then the rates came in and I did a double take. Zero Down, 1.49% APR, for 60 Months, just like that. Needless to say, I faxed them the PO and as soon as the checks are here I will be driving my dream car!!! I will also be refinancing my mortgage through them in a few months and moving my bank accounts from BofA to them. PenFed is great everyone! If you qualify I seriously recommend checking them out.

Also, NEVER shop at Puente Hill Hyundai. They are crooks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
YHWHUDAH
Regular Contributor

Re: PenFed is AMAZING!!!! Logix, not some much...

Congrats penfed is good. I got approved for 40K last year, but I chose USAA over them.

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Message 2 of 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, congrats! Enjoy the Corvette. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 4
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

Thank you! This site has really changed my life! I went from being a credit junkie to a credit king!!! Because of MyFICO I am now a home owner and have great credit!!! Thank you MyFICO!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.