cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed refinance pending with loan officer? *Update- Approved!

tag
Mischa
Contributor

Re: PenFed refinance pending with loan officer?

@Gmood1 wrote:

Ok, for membership the pull is nearly instant. It was when I joined.

Maybe you'll know something in the next day or so. 

Wouldn't they use the same HP for the loan? I'm gonna be annoyed if they pull again. 

Message 11 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

They did use the same pulls. But, I'd expect a 2nd pull. 

Not sure what happened to Penfed. Once upon a time, 1 HP was good for like 60 days.

I had a SP approval and they still HP'd me. And tried to do it again for another product within a week of the 1st pull. I froze my reports. So the 2nd one bounced 😂

Message 12 of 17
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed refinance pending with loan officer? *Update- Approved!

Congrats on the refi OP. Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy the savings.
Message 13 of 17
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Mischa wrote:

I became a member and submitted an app to refinance my car online with PenFed today. It went to pending with loan officer status. Is this a bad sign? I called to see if they needed anything, hoping to get more info and the Rep said it could take 6 business days and didn't offer to transfer me to a loan officer to speak with. 

I'm really nervous now. Is this normal or the equivalent of the dreaded 7-10 day credit card app message?  Loan payoff amount is about 11.5k. Not upside down on loan, but not much equity either due to high interest rate on existing loan. I've been at the same employer 6 years. Income is 55k. EQ FICO 9 is 760, EQ FICO 9 Auto is 773. No baddies. Current debt is just the existing car loan and about 1k reporting on credit cards. 

Haven't gotten an alert they've pulled credit yet, but I've noticed EQ usually takes 24 hr before alerting me. 

7/6- PenFed finally got around to processing my app today. I called end of last week and they said they were behind. Approved for 48 months at 3.14%. Not the lowest rate, but for a 6 year old vehicle with 70k, I don't think I'll find significantly lower by shopping around. Happy with the rate. 

Looks like they took care of you nicely, glad to hear it.

Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14 of 17
southernblueeyes
Contributor

PenFed is HP happy. I refinanced my NFCU auto loan with PenFed and I got two inquiries. One for checking on a 36 months loan and one when I asked about 48 months instead. Seems a little crazy that they pulled it twice during one phone call. But that's PenFed for you. 

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,000
PenFed Power Cash Rewards $12,500
Apple Card $8,200
NFCU Flagship $20,000
Capital One Savor $15,000
PenFed Pathfinder $10,000
Message 15 of 17
Misnstt1

I recently opened a PenFed checking account and then applied for a loan, credit card and auto refinance.  I was approved for all however each application resulted in a hard pull from Equifax.    I did the credit card application on the phone and the representative stated that each type of loan requires a separate hard pull.  The service was outstanding and approval was easy however I don't understand the need for separate inquiries.  

Message 16 of 17
Mischa
Contributor

@Misnstt1 wrote:

I recently opened a PenFed checking account and then applied for a loan, credit card and auto refinance.  I was approved for all however each application resulted in a hard pull from Equifax.    I did the credit card application on the phone and the representative stated that each type of loan requires a separate hard pull.  The service was outstanding and approval was easy however I don't understand the need for separate inquiries.  

I thought about trying to grab a card with them but didn't want to risk the additional HP. The membership requirement (opened savings account) was a SP and the auto refinance app was a HP. 

However, they took 1.5 weeks to even look at my app after the initial HP so I was worried they'd pull again but they never did. 

I agree that multiple HP at the same time is ridiculous and unnecessary. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.