cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed used auto loan check arrived at 3.14% but cancelling loan due to APR and lack of transfer

tag
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

PenFed used auto loan check arrived at 3.14% but cancelling loan due to APR and lack of transfer

Just received my $14,100 car payoff loan check from PenFed after applying (EQ 09 pulled) last week and being approved for the lease payoff (Residual Value).

Noticed my rate was 3.14% and not as low as advertised (2.59%) and noticed no transfer info (state sales tax & DMV).

I called DMV and they said I would have pay them the entire sales tax and transfer fee if the bank only paid the loan off when it came to titling change.

So I called my small local CU (Logix - formerly Lockheed FCU) and the rep over the phone said they can beat it with 2.24% (EX 09 pulled).

And they will include the sales tax and handle the DMV transfer on their end.

In other words, they will roll in the tax and transfer.

Going to have to cancel on PenFed as they didn't really handle this used auto loan very well....

Maybe next time when I am buying a new car, they can handle the transaction better.

IMG_8443.jpg

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed used auto loan check arrived at 3.14% but cancelling loan due to APR and lack of transfer

Even though it didn't work out with PenFed, it's good to hear that you got the refi done, without issue, and at a lower rate than what PenFed was giving.

Congrats and enjoy the savings.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.