Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Auto Loan

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Penfed Auto Loan

Hello Credit Masters, I recently applied for a car loan from Penfed and received this:

The application is conditionally approved. A final decision and rate is contingent on satisfactory collateral. Mileage, vehicle model year, and loan-to-value restrictions apply.

I sent the info and they replied back

Please check back with us in 24-72 hours for a status update either
online at www.penfed.org or via phone at 800-247-5626.

Is this going to be a denial. I told them I would put 3k down and was asking for 12k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed Auto Loan

They also hard pulled me.
Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your conditional approval!

As you stated, they need the specs to approve.

Message 3 of 8
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Forgot to mention I have one baddie on my report but I haven’t missed a payment on an account in 4 years, with that exception
Message 4 of 8
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Well Howaboutthat I'm approved, I logged into Penfed but can't find link to accept

Dear Member,

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that your request has been conditionally approved. However, before the loan proceeds can be sent to you, PenFed must have the following completed:

Please log onto Penfed.com or contact a Member Service Representative to accept the term and rate offered for your application.

If you have any questions regarding your application for credit, please reply to this email message or contact us at 1-800-247-5626. If you have already provided this information please disregard this message.

Your loan application is valid for 45 days from the date it was submitted.

All applicable PenFed policies and guidelines must be met prior to disbursal.

Please note: The rate on the loan will be the rate that is effective at the time the loan is disbursed and this may be different from the rate in effect at the time of application submission.

Thank you for choosing PenFed. We hope that we can help you with all your financial needs.

Please feel free to reply if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Nancy B.

PenFed Credit Union

Message 5 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Good luck on the car purchase!

Message 6 of 8
Openwater
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval. I've heard that their site can be a bit hard to navigate through. Keep searching I'm sure it will appear. Cheers!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 7 of 8
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the kudos everyone, Penfed called and the check is being Fedexed to me overnight. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.