cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed data point- auto loan approval 50 days after the BK7 discharge.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed data point- auto loan approval 50 days after the BK7 discharge.

My husband was discharged on july 24th 2017. its 50 days since the discharge from chapter 7 bankruptcy.

With in a week after the discharge my husband was approved for an autoloan with capital one at 6.16% for 20000$.

and was also approved for Cap one 500$ platinum master card.

He became a member of Penfed and NFCU shortly after discharge.

Today  at 50 days from discharge he was approved for an autoloan refinance from penfed which we declined because the rate they approved him for was @7.3% for the full amount but it is more than 6.16% that is his current rate with Cap one. But still i am impressed that penfed approved him for auto loan fresh out of BK. His ex is 605, Eq is 631 with1 auto loan and 1 cc reporting and transunion was 580 without the autoloan but only cc  reporting. it must have gone slightly up now.

This data point might help anyone fresh out of BK and with higher auto loan apr .  My husband has a long history of 13 years , with his AAOA is around 8.even before the discharge his credit reports were clean , showing all accounts @ 0 balance. BTW he burned cap one in bk.

we are hoping for the penfed survey so that we can try negotiating the apr. If not we will try again after some more months of payment history.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed data point- auto loan approval 50 days after the BK7 discharge.

Thank you for the data points. And congrats on the approvals.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed data point- auto loan approval 50 days after the BK7 discharge.

Just PM'd you. Great congrats!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.