Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up my new car tonight...one more question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Picking up my new car tonight...one more question

I negotiated the price of the Yaris already. Getting it at 13,124 plus fees. I haven't exactly told them that I was going thru my CU. They ran my CR over memorial day weekend, but there was no credit history for me (split file?). They told me I need to provide all this info and I told the guy that I was going to try my CU first. I got preapproved thru my CU and all I have to do is have the dealer send the bill invoice to my CU. Question is, can I just tell my saleswoman now that I am going thru the CU and to see if she needs to contact them before they close (i'm on the west coast and my CU is on the east)?? Or do I wait until I go in and tell them?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Picking up my new car tonight...one more question

I would put the two in touch.  Have them send each other all documents they may need.  All you have to do is go to the dealership sign the paper and drive off.  I would not waste my time sitting at the dealership waiting for the knuckleheads to correspond with each other.  Unless I was at a Lexus dealership.  They usually have free food and drinks, computers, TV's etc.  Really nice.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree.

Let me know how you like the Yaris.  I'm considering it for my next car.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I forgot...Congrats on a nice car.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I will definitely let you know. I totally went for the basic. I just can't get myself to spend way more money than i should on a car that just takes me to and from work. I was considering the Fit, but I ended up loving the Yaris and just how nice it was to drive.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm....so I just called my saleswoman and told her and she told me that I still need to let the finance managers know when I sign the papers. Why do I have to deal with them??
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If she is making you feel uncomfortable and she is not explaining everything to you so that you feel comfortable in EXACTLY what they are doing walk away.  Use their quote on the car, call another Toyota dealer and tell them to beat the price.  Tell them you have the financing ready and you are willing to pull the trigger as soon as they beat that price.

In today's times, they should be begging you for their business and should make you feel comfortable.  Don't let them blanket over everything with "oh, this is just standard procedure."  B.S.  If it doesn't make sense to you its not the deal for you.

And having said that, yes, you might later on learn that what they were telling you was true, but if they can't explain it so it makes sense to you at the time, its not worth the risk.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.