Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to get a new car

tag
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Planning to get a new car

@GrandBay wrote:

@Horseshoez  why are you against AZEO & what do you recommend?

My personal observations suggest there is no benefit between AZEO and AZET (All Zero Except Two [or even Three for that matter]); others will argue the opposite.  Regardless, micromanaging a number of cards so as to hit AZEO is a pain in the hind parts; I'd much rather use my cards and pay them (in full) when convenient; following this model takes much less time out of my schedule and typically results in the same scores.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 21 of 23
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@VanderSnoot wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

You can certainly have both, arrange for financing from a credit union, case in point, PenFed is currently offering 1.79% for up to 36 months; use PenFed's financing AND collect the rebate.

Depending on the dealer and the car, the low financing offered by the dealer may be as low as 0%, which you cannot get elsewhere. I agree that if one is financing a car, one should shop for the lowest rate.

The thing is, opting for a rebate of pretty much anything over $1,000 (for most cars) and then financing via a credit union will result in more cash in your pocket versus even a 0% financing offer.  I'm looking at a $45,000 car next year (a car which will have virtually no rebates at all), if I put down 10% and finance it for 36 months at 1.79%, I'll pay $1,127 in interest for the life of the loan.  If a rebate were to be offered, so much the better, however, typically when there are no rebates, there are no 0% financing offers either.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 22 of 23
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

@SoCalGardener , I get the same caution on scores provided by credit cards.  Some of them indicte that the slight improvement may be offset by the new inquiry(s). I don't have any installment loans. The only one was a ten year home mortgage years ago. I pay cash for cars. For me the hassle of keeping up with a payment for years is just not worth it. 

My best suggestion is do what makes you happy and comfortable. I look forward to details on that new ride. If I may ask what did you build on the manufacture's site? That's always a fun thing to do when pre-shopping.

Buy the ride you love. Use the payment method you prefer. Enjoy you good health for many years.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.