Did you mean: 

Possible Descrimination with Auto Loan

tag
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possible Descrimination with Auto Loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I was at a auto dealership today, had me there probably a little over 30 mins... Seemed like everything was going ok when the sales rep comes back and says the company by the name of Santander Consumer USA that handles auto loans HAS A FRAUD ALERT on me... He says a manager gave him the number to give to me to call in the morning to removed the FRAUD ALERT... I don't know, but it seems like every dealership I go to it feels like I'm getting screwed over because I'm a veteran of the armed forces of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...

I put retired on the application, is that not good enough or something? Sad how many people out there in today's society don't give diddly squat about veterans... No wonder why veterans do horrible things when they return home. I'm not sure if this is discrimination, or is it something they don't like about me... I'm trying to do a auto loan, finance that is... the car I have no has AUTO START/STOP featrure with the engine and it's very bad for me because I have forget many times to turn on the button... Part of why I'm disabled is I forget a lot of things. Why did Jeep come up with a dangerous feature? Horrible! And yet I contact Jeep about this, and all they say is CONTACT the dealership you got it from and see what they can do. I'm surprised the original sales representative didn't tell me about this feature in the first place, if he did, I would'nt have gotten the car. I feel like returning the car, even though I'm pretty sure they won't be able to work with but DIIIIING my score when it's completely returned. Anyone else have the same experience with Santander or an auto dealership in the past? Please, kind replies! Thanks.

Why would you immediately come to the conclusion that it is discrimination based on you putting down "retired"?  I am a retired vet also and if anything, you would get a little preferential treatment and a $500 off incentive or something.  Every dealership out there isn't out to "screw over" military vets.  I come across vets almost on a daily basis who pull the "discrmination" card unjustifiably.

And Jeep doesn't put in features to appease 100% of drivers.  I agree that the dealership should have informed you about the auto on/off button, but you should have the option to temporarily disengage it (until it is manually engaged again).  I have had mine turned off for about 3 months now.  And why do you consider it a "dangerous" feature?

And just like others have stated, dealing with Santander is a nightmare.  Had a car financed through them back in the 90s.

Edit:  Do you mean the ENGINE off/on button that turns the engine off at stop lights and such or do you mean the engine START button?

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Yes, the ENGINE off/on button that turns the engine off at stop lights
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s if it’s not on, if it’s off the engine will stop at a light. There’s no way to temporarily disable the featureSmiley Sad
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in this worst situation right now with Santander USA. I'm paying double for a car were the value is not even close to what I owe. I wihs I had done my homework on them, but because of my credit Iwas excited to get financed. I'm trying desparately to improve my credit in 2019 and get from under this loan, if the car holds up that long.I wanted to learn more about Capital One Auto Navigator. Do they finance people with fair credit? Any feedback on good places to finance a car would be appreciated.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I’m not entirely sure about Santander. I’ve read a number of bad experiences about them. I do know that once you sign the agreement, and then you find out you’re paying to much or don’t like the car for the long run it’s very very hard to get out. The auto lender you’re generally with will approve you for a new auto loan but with a very nice down payment to get out of the current loan/car you have at the moment (assuming you have negative equity on current auto loan). Be cautious next time though as I’m sure there are lenders out there who will approve consumers with low credit scores and then all of sudden mark high interest on the auto loan.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.