Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing a Subaru soon and wanted some feedback

tag
vivekp01
Established Member

Purchasing a Subaru soon and wanted some feedback

As the title states i'm looking into buying a Subaru in February. I'm considering the 2020 Subaru Forester Limited and have started emailing dealers for quotes. The best quote i've gotten is $28,999 + fees putting it around $32,500 out the door. I plan to put down about 15-17K inclusive of taxes and fees and finance the rest (15-17K). Subaru is currently offering 0.9% but iim not sure if i'd qualify as I have no auto loan history. 

I was planning on checking out DCU  / Pen Fed as outside lenders as well as Subaru. Do you have any other recommendations on lenders? I want to maximize my options as I know the pulls will technically only count as 1 if I run them in a short space of time (please correct me if i'm wrong here). Also any tips on when I go to the dealer to try and maximize financing vs price? 

Credit Score: 764 (Experian) 773(Equifax), 752(TransUnion),  766 (Auto Score 8 via Experian), 804 (Auto Score 2 via Experian)

AAoA: I have 2 credit cards. The oldest CC is 18 months old and newest is about 9 months

# of positive trade lines: Don't think CC's qualify due to age of accounts. No auto loans

# of negative trade lines: 0

Income: $88,000

Lenght of Employment: 4.5 years (Same place)

Previous Loan Experience: Student loans only. All paid off couple of years ago with 0 missed payments. 

Debt-to-Income (DTI): No rent payment

Year of Car: 2020

Miles: 0

Purchase/Refinance: Purchase

Requested loan term (XX Months): 36/48

Down payment amount: 15-17K inclusive of fees

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: No

Other: No derogatory marks, no late payments

8 REPLIES 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Purchasing a Subaru soon and wanted some feedback

With your scores and the down payment amount I would wager that you will be fine for the promo rate.  

Message 2 of 9
Medic981
Valued Contributor

When I leased my Subaru in 2018 the salesman told me that if your FICO is 720 or better I would qualify for the prime rate with Chase who is Subaru's captive lender. With your scores, I believe you would be fine and receive the 0.9% offer.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with above. Based on your down payment and scores I think you’d be good to go and get that 0.9% Good luck!
Message 4 of 9
vivekp01
Established Member

Thanks for the info! I will report back once i've completed the purchase. 

Message 5 of 9
vivekp01
Established Member

Update: Bought a 2020 Subaru Forester Limited. Dealer approved me at 0.9% on ~16000 loan for 36mos. They pulled a TU score of 791. 

Message 6 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new 2020 Subaru Forester Limited!

Message 7 of 9
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@vivekp01 wrote:

Update: Bought a 2020 Subaru Forester Limited. Dealer approved me at 0.9% on ~16000 loan for 36mos. They pulled a TU score of 791. 

Congrats on your 0.9% financing! After making 12 monthly on time with Chase lending, I was in like flint with Chase. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 8 of 9
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new ride!  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.