Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION about auto loan and hard pulls

tag
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

QUESTION about auto loan and hard pulls

i read on here that you have a timeframe  so all the inquiries count as 1,

but what about if i applied with a different car dealer and they send the application to another several lenders?? those that counts as the same or is another hard inquiry against me??

i applied on saturday  june 1  and the dealer send the application and 6 inquiries came to my report

but  i applid with a different dealer yesterday and i recieved another 8 inquiries

does all of the auto loan count as 1 inquiry to the ficoscore or different dealer is another hard pull against me??

or i have a time frame (guess 2 weeks to apply to as many as i want??? )

hope id explain myself good...

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: QUESTION about auto loan and hard pulls

@cyberone28 wrote:

i read on here that you have a timeframe  so all the inquiries count as 1,

but what about if i applied with a different car dealer and they send the application to another several lenders?? those that counts as the same or is another hard inquiry against me??

i applied on saturday  june 1  and the dealer send the application and 6 inquiries came to my report

but  i applid with a different dealer yesterday and i recieved another 8 inquiries

does all of the auto loan count as 1 inquiry to the ficoscore or different dealer is another hard pull against me??

or i have a time frame (guess 2 weeks to apply to as many as i want??? )

hope id explain myself good...

You will have 14 separate inquiries on your report. For credit scoring purposes it will count as 1 inquiry. 

The time frame you have varies depending on which version of FICO lenders use. 

Some FICO versions count all inquiries for the same purpose pulled within 14 days as 1 inquiry for scoring. Newer versions give you 30 days.

To be safe, always apply within 14 days just in case you get some lenders still using those versions of FICO.

Hope this answers your question. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.