cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on getting car loan with lower income (Disabled)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions on getting car loan with lower income (Disabled)

I have found a car 2002 Mini Cooper for 5999 and with me being on disability and having a credit score of 525....most are going to want a co-signer or just refuse me ....Is the a way to get a loan with a low monthly income...my current car is really old and worn and Im really in need of an upgrade.

OP,

I started a new thread for you. ~ Lexie

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Questions on getting car loan with lower income (Disabled)

Do you need the car right now?

If not, consider fixing your credit first and countine driving the car you currently have or continue with however your getting around.  My score is in the mid 500's currently and while I need a car, I will continue without one until my credit is mostly clean accept for a repo that happened after job lost in 2009. The bank that charged-off the debt stopped reporting on it in 2012.

So without paying off the remaining balance and getting a PFD it's not worth it, the repo itself is over 6 years old.

I have figured and it's been suggested by getting positive credit lines my score will improve faster than waiting for stuff to drop or paying on old accounts.

In most cases you'll get a subprime rate anyway with a car that old because if you default, while it's not nearly as much risk to the bank, they will also have a harder time recouping the loan amount if that happens. 

Your income is a factor but nearly as much as credit age, positive lines open and on-time payment history.

My suggestion is -

Fix your credit file and look for a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) Mini which would be between 2010-2012 off lease. That way you'll get the remainer of the warranty or be able to pay extra for an extended warranty, it will have few miles and only be slightly more expensive if you improve your score, you'll get a much better rate than with bad credit and an old car.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.