cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions re: Auto Total Loss and in limbo with lender for another 35-45 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions re: Auto Total Loss and in limbo with lender for another 35-45 days

@sccredit wrote:

Have you tried CapOne Auto Navigator?

LOL.. Thank You!  Yup... Cap1 likes me Smiley Happy  Good news... Good example, gives me some hope Smiley Happy  This would be a good example of what's comfortable for me....

I might could afford to go to 48 months on that  and maybe put more down... beat them down good...I know other adds, gap warranty etc .

But still about my range and 9% sounds good to me.  Good example

Image may not represent actual vehicle.

$17,777

Dealer Advertised Price

Mileage

VIN 3GCPCSE01DG283228

Monthly Payment
$344
APR
9.08%
Term Length
60 Months

My Asking Price

$17,777

Down Payment

$2,500

Trade-In Value

Rebates

Owed on Trade-In

Service Contract

GAP

Tax, Title & License

$1,258

Fees & Other

Amount Financed

$16,535
Message 11 of 17
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Questions re: Auto Total Loss and in limbo with lender for another 35-45 days

You can always refi. Some lenders will take a vehicle with over 100,000 miles on the clock.

Used will get you a higher interest rate unless it's a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned). Buy new if you can afford it. GM, Ford and Dodge are all aggressive with new truck sales as they are all trying to be number one in truck sales. Since the fiscal year isn't over yet, you still have time to knock $3-4-5K off the price just in incentives alone.

You can also try Toyota and Nissan who are trying to reach Dodge in truck sales. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dj4Money wrote:

You can always refi. Some lenders will take a vehicle with over 100,000 miles on the clock.

Used will get you a higher interest rate unless it's a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned). Buy new if you can afford it. GM, Ford and Dodge are all aggressive with new truck sales as they are all trying to be number one in truck sales. Since the fiscal year isn't over yet, you still have time to knock $3-4-5K off the price just in incentives alone.

You can also try Toyota and Nissan who are trying to reach Dodge in truck sales. 

Thanks, I will continue my research in that respect.  One thing I can't do though is get into $500+ payments again.  Just came out of those and I need some relief. Smiley Happy  I really think I can find something with around 80k and clean that could still work out in my range.  Even if  I have to put more down. The main thing I have to do is just beat them down as hard as I can. I will look at new though and see what they can do for me.  I know the longer loan term helps. Warranty is a plus too.

Message 13 of 17
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I would look for something CPO.  Last few years with low mileage.  Personally I wouldn't buy anything brand new unless it was a lease or a diesel truck.  Resale on the diesels are so strong that it doesn't make sense to buy used.  80k miles on a used truck is just scary to me.  I have a 2016 Ram 1500 with 111k miles on it and it is falling apart.  Has been since 90k miles.  I don't have a payment in it or it would be gone (and it probably will be in the next year or so).

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update,

received a call from my lender today, the "escalation" team and "account manager"  After all this time getting canned responses from the lower levels I harped long and hard enough to get some attention..lol.

Apparently, the way I understand it is YES..the clock stopped for me on accumulated interest fees, etc. at the time of the accident.  If I am understanding this correctly,  they use my GAP to cover that and I stay at the original early payoff number that the loan was at, at the time of the collision.  That's good news if I hear them correctly.  We will still see how that plays out.

They also tell me they can put in a request to expedite my overage once the loan is marked paid of course.

Bad news!  The check from San Antonio to Dallas they still don't show has hit their system...  7 days today since last Tuesday when the ins. co. assures me it was sent....  LOL  Oh well hopefully it should get there pretty quick Smiley Sad.

I'll let everyone know how it plays out.  Thanks for listening to this know nothing layman which is half the problem Smiley Happy

Glad I had GAP.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sccredit wrote:

I would look for something CPO.  Last few years with low mileage.  Personally I wouldn't buy anything brand new unless it was a lease or a diesel truck.  Resale on the diesels are so strong that it doesn't make sense to buy used.  80k miles on a used truck is just scary to me.  I have a 2016 Ram 1500 with 111k miles on it and it is falling apart.  Has been since 90k miles.  I don't have a payment in it or it would be gone (and it probably will be in the next year or so).

Good thoughts, 

80k on a clean car fax 1 owner, beat them down.  The one I just wrecked, at 102,000mi... I bought that way,  in the 80k range and was a fantastic truck, had a lot of good mileage left on it and still clean.

But I will certainly keep my options open..sound like I have a little more time to do some thinking on that.  I'm a Chevy, GMC man myself.

That last truck, I got a good deal on and the LTZ held its value AMAZINGLY well.  The reason I came out right side up on this.  It was a good truck.

Thanks!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course it all still  boils down to what I can afford comfortably.  I'm ready to go shoppin'

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.