Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECENTLY DISCHARGED FROM CH 13..NEED A VEHICLE

tag
mzware
Contributor

RECENTLY DISCHARGED FROM CH 13..NEED A VEHICLE

I will be applying for a car soon and I was discharged 30 Apr 2013 from a 5 year bankruptcy. The vehicle that I had included has disappeared from my credit report. I had lates showing form 06 and 07. I checked all 3 credit reports and it is gone. I am hoping this is good since I need another vehicle and this won't show. Does anyone else know if the dealership can still know that I had a vehicle included in my bankruptcy?
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: RECENTLY DISCHARGED FROM CH 13..NEED A VEHICLE

@mzware wrote:
I will be applying for a car soon and I was discharged 30 Apr 2013 from a 5 year bankruptcy. The vehicle that I had included has disappeared from my credit report. I had lates showing form 06 and 07. I checked all 3 credit reports and it is gone. I am hoping this is good since I need another vehicle and this won't show. Does anyone else know if the dealership can still know that I had a vehicle included in my bankruptcy?

If you apply for a loan from the same creditor then it is very likely that they will know.    If it doesn't show on your reports they may not know, but I suspect that you'll have to disclose it on your credit application -- it might ask if you have ever had a BK or included a vehicle.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
mzware
Contributor

ok I didnt know that. Thank you for hte information. I won't be applying with the same company. Thank you again for assisting me

Message 3 of 6
mzware
Contributor

I have been approved for my car loan and I am going to pick it up today. Thank you NFCU!!!

Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats !  That's great news -- NFCU really is the best !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
mzware
Contributor

Thank you and yes they are.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.