Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Loan Approval With Data Points

tag
moto4man
Regular Contributor

RV Loan Approval With Data Points

Good morning all!  I've asked a couple of times for some RV loan input, but the interaction has been less then stellar.  I'm assuming that is because the greater base of this board is built off of a rebuild platform, or the necessities.  Never the less, this is the reason that led me here.  I make fairly good money, enough to comfortably live anyways.  But my credit responsibility has been horrible... until the last couple of years.  Longer with auto loans.  So, with that being said I figured I'd post some info and DP that applied to me.  With the lack of these types of threads, I hope it helps someone else that is on the fence and concerned about the "denied" word, or quite frankly interest rates that reflect an unaffordable result.

I had been playing around with pre approval pages for months, but their wasn't much input provided here or anywhere for that matter on soft pull options for RV lenders.  So, I decided to dive a little deeper and just reach out to a local lender and physically ask them for their own DP's.  They gave me several different scenarios and rates based off of credit scores I provided them with.  I was told they used a TU FICO 9.

A little background... I came here a few months ago with a starting score in the low 500's.  I asked, pestered, re-asked in a different way, then asked some more.  Those questions and several valuable members providing their knowledge bumped me about 90ish points across the board.   I followed ALL of their guidance, and at this day and time, I'm sitting on FICO8's in the high 680's, and rising... temporarily.  This loan is going to take a bite out of that.  (EX - 686/EQ - 687/TU - 687)

Current Accounts:

• Auto Installment - 35k balance/Ally Financial (Also recently refi'd, and has not hit my CRA's.  Now CAP1) Perfect payment history
  • Revolving LOC - Huntington Bank $1k (Standby Cash).  Zero bal, never used.
  • Revolving CAP1 QS  - $1600 limit - Under 3% util perfect payment history

Note: I have 2 new revolving accounts 18k NFCU, and $500 CAP1 QS.  These accounts HAVE NOT hit the CRA's yet.   So these were not viewable to the lender.  Both the Auto Installment, and the Revolvers not hitting yet are KEY to this.  That's my personal slightly educated thought on this.  Probably the difference in huge rate differences or getting approved at all.

Data

• FICO8's - EX - 686/EQ - 687/TU - 687
  • FICO9's - EX - 716/EQ - 708/TU - 715
  • Lending Agengy - Genisys CU
  • Annual Income - 85k
  • 1 HP - Experian (Was told TU FICO 9)
  • Baddie - Last 30 late (3 total) 2016/2 - 2015/1 (Still showing on EX/EQ)
  • Baddie - CO/Paid in full in Feb. 2022 CoSigner on account.  (Still showing on all reports, but updating as paid or not at all)

Rates Provided by lender during app process over the phone -

• 730+ 3.39% (I already knew this wan't an option, and advised rep)
  • 715+ 4.49% - <<< my rate
  • 680+ 5.59%

Term - 180 months

Amount Financed - $35k

Down Payment required - 10%

Documents required - Recent Pay Stub/Utility Bill proof of residency/Photo Copy of DL

Turn around time - The whole process took about 4 days from phone call to approval email.  Probably could have been less.

Communication was flawless.  Emails were promply responded to.  When it came time to get the nuts and bolts of things and advise we found our unit, I placed a call, left a VM, and call was returned within 2 hours and process was explained for the P.O. needed, and info for insurance company was emailed over on the spot.

We are going to sign the paperwork today!

I hope someone finds this useful, if there are any missing items that should be here... let me know and will be more than happy to provided.  I can't thank the community enough!  If it wasn't for the help of many, our family would still be wondering if our old pop up is going to make it for another season.

Starting Score: 547EX
Current Score: 694EX 689EQ 696TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
13 REPLIES 13
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: RV Loan Approval With Data Points

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your data points! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 14
moto4man
Regular Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your data points! 

Thanks!  Our family is super excited, and is it safe to say... we are happy campers! Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 14
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your RV loan approval . . . Enjoy the ride!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 14
Cracka
Valued Member

Well done and then for the info. 

May I ask which lenders you reached out to and which one you selected?  I'm also looking and didn't see much info in these forums based on this "want."

Thank you 

Starting Score: 639
Current Score: 648 EQ, 664 TU
Goal Score: 720

Message 5 of 14
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Thats nice but 180 months really ? That's a LONG time making payments.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 6 of 14
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

A. I've noticed several post in here here in the Auto Loans Sections where you sure are very judgmental about how people spend THEIR money and how they structure THEIR loans.

B. 180 Months is the Industry Standard for financing RV's. Just like 30 years is for homes.

C. To the OP CONGRATS!! You do you and don't worry about what others think. Some forget they're rebuilding themselves and still in the baby step stages.

Message 7 of 14
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

One could say the same thing about paying for 30 years on a house or 7+ year on a car. The term determines the minimum payments you are locked into, not what the maximum payment can be. Just because the term of OP's loan is 180 months, or whatever, doesn't mean they have to take that amount of time to pay off the loan. My 36-month auto loan that turned one year old today is 75+% paid off and will be gone in a few months (could be gone now, but it's 0% so I'm not in any hurry).

Bottom line, why judge?

Message 8 of 14
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

My comment is based off the amount financed stated. 15 years to pay off $35K is a long stretch. We are also here to help lend advice.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 9 of 14
moto4man
Regular Contributor

Genisys CU

Honor CU

There we're several others, but the rates weren't worth the time.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.