cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Right To Cure Letter From Wells Fargo Dealer Service for less than 10 days late

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

Received Right To Cure Letter From Wells Fargo Dealer Service for less than 10 days late

So long story short about a year ago I had to miss a payment on one of our cars, but less than 30 days. I ate the late fee and paid it. Since then there has been a payment behind type action, I would pay every month about 40 dollars more than the payment plus late fee but before the 30 days was up. 

Fast forward to today when in the mail there is a Letter from them that was a Rights to Cure and it is tell me that I owe them the payment that was due end of October. Not even 10 days late which after 10 days the late payment kicks in. There is no late payment penalty right now but I am very surprised that they would send something like that especially since I just made a payment less than 10 days ago(Again a payment behind but less than 30 days behind). 

I do not mind paying the late fee and a bit extra to catch up with the behind payment, I am just shocked that this letter showed up and they are saying that it has to be paid before Tuesday or they may take action up to and including repo. This bothers me a whole lot.

I do plan on calling them and asking why they are sending this when the payment is not even 10 days late as that there is a grace period that is given in the contract I have before a late payment is given and way before a 30 day late. I have to say that we have had this car loan for over 4 years and the CRAs have this listed as a positive with no lates on it. 

I am looking for some advice on when I call these people as I do not have the money to pay them before their due date on the letter(again before the 10 day grace period).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Re: Received Right To Cure Letter From Wells Fargo Dealer Service for less than 10 days late

Grace period is just a grace period. In their eyes, you've been late every month for the past year. Even if you're paying extra and a late fee every month, it's still being paid paid.
Realistically they aren't going to repo your car over this, but I would make it a priority to get caught up asap. Completely caught up.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 2 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Received Right To Cure Letter From Wells Fargo Dealer Service for less than 10 days late

Your title says "less than 10 days late" but that isn't really the case - you are having "rolling 30's" - every month you pay a month late + the late fee.  It has to be that way because you skipped a payment. You have to make that payment in order to stop the rolling 30's.  Wells is actually giving you a chance to stop these late payments. Do what you have to do to come up with the payment.  If it isn't possible, then consider selling the vehicle. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it is better to get ahead of your financial problem rather than allow it to swallow you up. 

Message 3 of 4
vollybal
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I actually called Well Fargo up anbd they were very apologetic to me as they informed me that their claims/collection department sent out a ton of these by mistake...hmmm I was a little fishy, but they did help me out by giving me a couple options at which I did decide on one and now I am no longer behind on the car. I think this was actually the first time I called places like this and they actually helped me and properly served my needs to the best of their ability...WELL DONE WELLS FARGO!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.