cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinancing my Ford Motor Company loan (DCU?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refinancing my Ford Motor Company loan (DCU?)

I recently purchased a car from a local Ford dealer in February and am financing through Ford Motor Company. They gave me a pretty stellar deal at 5% interest. However at some point, I would like to consider refinancing through DCU (if possible) because I've heard of people getting rates as low at 1.25%. 

How long should I wait before attempting to take the plunge? My credit score is roughly 660's TU and EQ.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinancing my Ford Motor Company loan (DCU?)

Well, took a plunge and applied to DCU for an auto loan. Was approve for 3.00% interest after opening a checking account with direct deposit. I've been looking to get rid of BOA anyway so this is perfect!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, took a plunge and applied to DCU for an auto loan. Was approve for 3.00% interest after opening a checking account with direct deposit. I've been looking to get rid of BOA anyway so this is perfect!

Congrats on the refi!

Message 3 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently purchased a car from a local Ford dealer in February and am financing through Ford Motor Company. They gave me a pretty stellar deal at 5% interest. However at some point, I would like to consider refinancing through DCU (if possible) because I've heard of people getting rates as low at 1.25%

How long should I wait before attempting to take the plunge? My credit score is roughly 660's TU and EQ.

Congrats with getting in with DCU and the refi - I think the lowest current rate is 1.74%  as shown on their site and I believe you need a 720 Equifax for that (older version too, not FICO 8 mine shows as 733 on DCU and 769 on Fico 8). I've got one loan taken out 12/2014 at 1.49% 60 month and a more recent one taken out 3/2016 at 1.99%  65 month (right after the rates went up and my score dipped for a single month to 718).  

Either way, 5% FORD to 3% DCU is a pretty happy day !

Message 4 of 5
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.