Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadloans has really left us in a bind!

tag
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

Roadloans has really left us in a bind!

my bf has really bad credit. Mostly due to lack of open accounts. He hasn't had a car loan in over three years and his only revolving credit line is only 400 cl.

He was driving a beat up 90 jeep wrangler that was killing us with repairs and wasn't safe to take on the highway. Winter is fast approaching and we realized that the doors were getting verc rusty and needed up of 1k to repair them so we decided to try and get him financed for a car.

He received the welcome package from roadloans, sent themall their paperwork and they told him it was okay to use the check, so he did. 24 hours after he drove the car off the lot roadloans told him he didn't qualify for the loan so they wouldnt cash the check and they also let the dealership know.

Today I will go in to try and cosign with him somewhere else since my credit is negligibly better. But I still think there's somehong shady going on with rl. Why tell him all is okay and then take it back? Is that even legal? They won't even take his calls anymore and we're pissed because we might have to return the car!
2/2011
Experian: 658
Equifax: 653
Transunion: 670
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roadloans has really left us in a bind!

Don't co-sign for the loan.

Message 2 of 5
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Timothy wrote:
Don't co-sign for the loan.

Amen.  Return the car.  But don't sign for the boyfriend, it will likely come to a bad ending with you on the hook for the car.  If he has bad credit that means he doesn't pay his bills.

Message Edited by Watchmann on 08-18-2008 11:06 AM
Message 3 of 5
Lance66
Established Member

I have purchased cars with Road Loans twice.  Most recently, just a few
weeks ago.  I followed all their directions to the letter and sent them everything
they asked for and I also made sure the vehicle I selected and the price all
fell within their parameters.  I called them before I made the final deal just to
verify that all stipulations/requirements had been met.  Neither I nor the dealer
had any issues with the blank check.  Funny though, as soon as Road Loans
processed my loan and sent me a letter stating what my payment due date
and final amount would be, they sold my loan to Drive Financial.  I then got a
letter from them saying that had purchased my loan at the same terms agreed
to by Road Loans.

Any way, there must be something you are not aware of... maybe he didn't send
them the required info (pay check stubs or whatever) or the car he wanted didn't
fall within their parameters maybe?  That is weird they would suddenly decide
he wasn't approved after sending out the blank check package.  There has to be
more to this.

Sorry this happened.  I hope it works out somehow.

Message 4 of 5
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

I agree Lance I think there is a piece of the puzzle missing.
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.