Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadloans preapproval letter up to 25k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roadloans preapproval letter up to 25k

I was preapproved for an auto loan through roadloans which I gather is Santander consumer USA I was wondering if I was preapproved will I actually have a great chance to get approved my income is 60,000 a year with a 590 credit score any advice will help

10 REPLIES 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Roadloans preapproval letter up to 25k

@Anonymous wrote:

I was preapproved for an auto loan through roadloans which I gather is Santander consumer USA I was wondering if I was preapproved will I actually have a great chance to get approved my income is 60,000 a year with a 590 credit score any advice will help

I would try to work on your scores some and get that score a little higher.Do you beong to a local CU?

As fas as roadloans there have been many horror stories on that particular lender.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I belong to a local credit union but roadloans said they can get me financed without a dp but who knows what the interest rate could be 

Message 3 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I belong to a local credit union but roadloans said they can get me financed without a dp but who knows what the interest rate could be 

No DP with them? That's a bad sign right there and i am sure your rates would be through the roof. I would work on your credit and talk with your local CU

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 11
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

I financed my first car with them when I arrived in the US as a new immigrant.

27.99%

Yes you read that right.

Run. Run like the wind!

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 5 of 11
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Check out the Capital One auto navigator preapproval. That is a much better bet than RoadLoans.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never have no luck with Captial one

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's bad when I can get a VA home loan with a 565 mortgage score but cant get an auto loan with captial one and I actually got a 3.75% rate

Message 8 of 11
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Apples to Oranges. A home is an appreciating asset that can be foreclosed on and sold, making the company whole.

Generally speaking an auto loan that is repossed on is never going to make them whole until they sue you for the balance.

The risk goes up, the underwriting standards go up, the price goes up I'm afraid.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 9 of 11
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@ldkcivilservant wrote:

Apples to Oranges. A home is an appreciating asset that can be foreclosed on and sold, making the company whole.

Generally speaking an auto loan that is repossed on is never going to make them whole until they sue you for the balance.

And mortgage lenders don't need to try to find the house to foreclose, cars are much easier to hide from the repossessor.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.