Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander And A New Class Action Lawsuit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Santander And A New Class Action Lawsuit

To everyone who hS had a loan with Santander or Capital Chrysler. These two companies or one company has destroyed my credit score and continues to reek havock on my Fico score making it impossible for me to finance a vehicle or get a home loan. If you feel like you've been mistreated or your account has errors in it please contact me or the Attorney General of California or the state you live in. We all need to do our part in putting these unfair lending practices to an end. The State of Massachusetts Attorney General has already won a class action lawsuit for over 2,000 customers of Santander and they still just keep doing the same **bleep** in every state they do business in. Lets all help stop these crooks.
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Santander And A New Class Action Lawsuit

i am interested in finding out more information on joining a ongoing suite against these criminals in the stat of florida if you have any anformation available as i joined this site just to contact you for information.  thx need as soon as possible as currently dealing with them now.

Moderator Edit -  personal information including an email address is a violation of  MyFICO's Forums Terms of Service

Irish80
MyFICO Moderator

Message 2 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I join the lawsuit?  How do I contact you?  I am currently in the same boat!

Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get involved i live in Missouri and have the same issue they put my interest rate at a 25% and wrongfully repossessed my vehicle without sending me a letter or calling me like they said they would in my contract
Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thanks for your replies. You start by contacting your states Attorney General and submit a complaint. If we all were in the same state we'd already have enough to start a class action suit against them. It's been over two years and Santander is still reporting the repossession as if it happened yesterday. They need to be stopped. Let me know how you make out. I'll keep y'all posted.
Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

what exactly is Santander doing? i had my loan with them for about 2 years now, i got a high apr of 15% since i did not have credit back than.

however i never had a problem with them, about to refinance soon though.

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have been reporting false information to all three credit reporting agencies. I've tried to talk to them several times about this and all I get is some very rude person who tells me how they won't be changing anything now or in the future about the way they report to these companies. They break the laws set in place to protect us and don't care about the consequences. Massachusetts Attorney General won a class action suit against them but they continue to do the same crap to us consumers in every state they do business in. Something must be done about this lender or others will follow along and we'll keep getting screwed.
Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly what I am going through!   And they are the worst to deal with on the phone.  My account was charged off after losing my job.   I was fired wrongfully and was able to get a small employment settlement (a year later).  They were the first I called after the check cleared the bank.    I was able to pay all the past due payments and fees and bring my account current.  They never took possession of the car.   It was a five year loan at a 25% interest rate.  I had a good payment history for three and a half years of on time payments.   There is only six months left now on the loan maturity date.   They refuse to post anything positive now on this account.  Its showing as a closed account on all three reports.   They tell me they will never report my one time payments but only show the balance decrease.  My account was re-opened but they will never report that.  I have a current dispute with all three agencies.  I have submitted documentation showing my account is active and in good standing.  I submitted documentation that I am making the regular installment payments per the original loan agreement.  I get monthly statements showing a loan maturity date of 11/8/2018.   But when I asked them if through the investigations of the disputes if they will confirm my account is 'open' she flat out told me 'no'.   

I have also contacted the attorney general of ohio and made a complaint wth the CFPB.    A 25% interest rate is bad and punishing enough.  I think they can at least provide accurate information to the bureaus.  

Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to get a lawsuit started in Texas!!! My mother and I got a 2012 Ram 1500 in 2014 for $25000 through Santander. My mom has great credit over 700 credit score and they financed it with $730 payments. Now my principle is still $24500 after over 3 years! That is crazy! Today they came and repossess it with only one payment late! No notice or anything! Please tell me how this company gets away with this carp?
Message 9 of 40
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

they put a TON of false info on my dads credit report!!!! literally nothing was accurate 

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.