cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santaner charging off account that already been charged off by Roadloans?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Santaner charging off account that already been charged off by Roadloans?

Is this legal? Roadloans charged the account off in 2007, Santaner for some reason took over the account in 11-2009 and charged the account off in 12-2009, therefore tanking my scores by 50 points because of the new chargeoff when before my last deliq. were all over 3 years old!!

I disputed double accounts and TU deleted the Roadloans account which didn't help me at all, all credit reports have also updated the santaner account as $0 balance chargeoff which gave me some points back but still not back to my 642 I was at and I'm getting ready to buy a car so this has really screwed me. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Santaner charging off account that already been charged off by Roadloans?

If I'm not mistaken what they have done here amounts too reaging an account if it was charged-off in 2007 then that's the date they are supposed to use not the 2009 date they purchased the debt then state you charged off on that date. Santaner can purchase whatever debt they would like but they can't change dates around to their benefit to give them more time to collect which is what they have done.  That's illegal and I would seek legal counsel, even if the bureaus deleted the roadloans account, what Santaner has done is illegal by changing the dates.

Message Edited by 5thWheel on 02-18-2010 09:07 AM
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

OMG, I think I actually got intelligent life at Santander... she put me on hold a couple times and asked me the outcomes of the disputes I had made against them with the credit reports and then put me on hold again and then came back and said she had e-mailed the credit reporting department of the error and problem and that I should be contacted and it should be corrected before the end of the month for the reporting next month.  That just made my day, now cross your fingers that she is right and it happens!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They know what they have done is illegal and if you have any hard copies of the old charge-off and the one they just posted, they know their a$$es are in hot water if you pursue it with legal action. Reaging accounts are Illegal but more and more often collection agencies are doing this so they have more time to collect. Stating something charged off on this current newer date they set, and not going by the original date the account went into default. 

Good luck too you

Message Edited by 5thWheel on 02-18-2010 12:07 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.