cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score needed to lease a car

tag
godzooki

Score needed to lease a car

Does anyone know what type of credit score one needs to be able to lease a car?

TU - 753

EQ - 765

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score needed to lease a car

Good score, not the best but good, good history and good income

Message 2 of 13
godzooki

Two credit cards (1 yr history), no negative marks and good income.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok  whats good income? You are not exactly giving enough information for any real advice.

And in reality, with that amount of nothing in your credit report (assuming you have no other car loan or mortgage history showing, and the credit limits are "relatively" small)  you are not getting a lease, unless your income is $60K plus a year with a fat downpayment and no real monthly expenses.

And even then your lease payment will not be competitive to those advertised cheap lease payments and will not be competitive to a purchase payment.

Leases are harder to get then purchases. Leases to be a better payment option then purchases need a better score, credit history and such to get done.

if you got only a 1 year credit history with two cards you  need to lower you expectations, unless you are in the military (and that has limitations) or just graduated school as a CRNA and have a contract already.

Whats your:

1 Yearly income gross, not counting overtime

2 Profession

3 Length of time at employer

4 Rent

5 Other monthly obligations

6 Age

7 what are you trying to lease and why?

Message 4 of 13
godzooki

Thanks, that's what I kind figured. My income is 50k+ but my lack of credit history would hurt me. Your responses were greatly appreciated.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@godzooki wrote:
Thanks, that's what I kind figured. My income is 50k+ but my lack of credit history would hurt me. Your responses were greatly appreciated.

1- We are not all knowing oracles, although I still think a lease is out of the question you can probably get a purchase.

2-A 50K income with no credit will inhibit your chances, but local credit unions that may or may no thave less stringent lending may be a better option.

ETA:

If you are only interested in pursuing a lease, be VERY CAREFUL of any lease offered through a bank instead of through a manufacturer arm like Ford Credit. Usually a Bank lease in some cases may seem even cheaper then a manufacturer offered LEASE,  there are usually Much HIGHER END OF LEASE OBLIGATIONS expected to be paid before its all over.

1-Turn In fees

2-Damage charges

3-Disposition fees

4-Pick Up charges

5-End Of lease Fees

In addition, there is usually NO way to end the lease early-even if you simply want to trade into another car, where a manufacturer lease may end you early to get you into a new car.

Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What car were you hoping to lease?

I know some score requirements for certain banks but don't want to start listing if those aren't what you are looking for.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

written by a true Ford dealer

Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Not sure how or why you would buy outside of said manufacture car you are buying (Infiniti, BMW, ford) etc.
You can always get out of purchase or lease
Message 9 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

************THREAD IS OVER THREE YEARS  OLD********

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.