Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small fib on loan request

tag
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Small fib on loan request

I got approved on a loan. I overstated my salary by 5k, I make 65k. They then asked for my pay stub after approval. Will I get denied now?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Small fib on loan request

$5k shouldn`t cause an issue.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 8
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

If they do question it just tell them you made an error in calculating your paycheck to yearly salary. Unless you were really on the edge for debt to income it shouldn't be any issue.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

If they do question it just tell them you made an error in calculating your paycheck to yearly salary. Unless you were really on the edge for debt to income it shouldn't be any issue.

+1

It is actually a common mistake so I am sure it wont be the first time they have dealt with it. You should be good to go as long as, like HoldingOntoHope said, your DTI is not straddling the line

Message 4 of 8
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, the guy said it wouldn;t matter to the bank.

Message 5 of 8
Luscher
Valued Contributor

or just say that other 5k is from another source of income. just like when you apply for a credit card it asks for all income including any other source
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 6 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
or just say that other 5k is from another source of income. just like when you apply for a credit card it asks for all income including any other source

Probably not the time to double down on lying since they are asking for income verification.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

Probably not the time to double down on lying since they are asking for income verification.

I laughed at this one.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.