Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I finally got my Porsche Cayman S after waiting 8 months

tag
FeeBear
Regular Contributor

So I finally got my Porsche Cayman S after waiting 8 months

So I finally got my baby car. I have to say it is a beautiful car but it is also the most unpractical vehicle ever. I can't fit much but it is a blast to drive. The loan process was a bit disappointing. I honestly thought I would have gotten a better rate than what I got. I got an Apr of 3.89% from US Bank. BOA, whom I have nearly 750K in varies accounts, tried giving me 4.25%. I thought I had good scores (760 thru 770 in all credit bur.) Oh well here is my new toy.

IMG_8851.png

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: So I finally got my Porsche Cayman S after waiting 8 months

Nice. I'm pretty sure my next car will be a cayman, though my wife is telling me I'll be buying her a Lexus NX.

Message 2 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi @FeeBear Congratulations for your Porsche Cayman S 

Message 3 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Nice. I'm pretty sure my next car will be a cayman, though my wife is telling me I'll be buying her a Lexus NX.

Hi @Brian_Earl_Spilner Wife always wins. I can see a Lexus NX in your future. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Hi @Brian_Earl_Spilner Wife always wins. I can see a Lexus NX in your future. Smiley Happy

Sadly, you may be right. My window of opportunity passed when I left my last job. I should have pulled the trigger before leaving. While my intent is to buy a cayman by the end of the year, my wife got an extended NX test drive while one of my Lexus was being serviced. Now I don't go a day without hearing about it.

Message 5 of 10
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! I remember when I bought my 991.2 back in 2017... sport chrono and all... enjoy launch control... and have fun!!! They're really the best rocket car... if it wasn't for Porsche MF Always being super high id pick up a turboS!! 

as for BofA... they're weird.. won't give me a checking account but I have 2.1M in mortgages with them...

Message 6 of 10
citymunky
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, been tooling with the idea of selling my EVO and buying a slightly older Cayman S. 

But need to build up my credit. 

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper (Jul21-Jul 2022), Sable {Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum (Jul21-Aug23)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 7 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@FeeBear wrote:

So I finally got my baby car. I have to say it is a beautiful car but it is also the most unpractical vehicle ever. I can't fit much but it is a blast to drive. The loan process was a bit disappointing. I honestly thought I would have gotten a better rate than what I got. I got an Apr of 3.89% from US Bank. BOA, whom I have nearly 750K in varies accounts, tried giving me 4.25%. I thought I had good scores (760 thru 770 in all credit bur.) Oh well here is my new toy.

IMG_8851.png

@FeeBear A beautiful vehicle for sure.  I love the color.  I can only imagine how much fun it is to tool around in it.  Glad it worked out and with your scores, you should be able to refi for a better rate in the future.  But for now...enjoy it...and I'm sure you and the spring time weather are going to be really good friends.  

Message 8 of 10
FeeBear
Regular Contributor

Thank you my friend, appreciate the kind words!

Message 9 of 10
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Nice looking ride- Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.