Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subaru Legacy

tag
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: Subaru Legacy

Ah,ok then. That makes sense. As long as it's effectively cash funding that you would be paying anyway, might as well get some rewards on it.

At $700 a month going straight to principal, you will never be upside down on this paper.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 11 of 24
Elcid89
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Thank you again for your input. Great having somebody to bounces ideas off of. 

What kind of car's do you like buying?

I am a fan of AWD. Been looking mostly at Audi's, Infiniti's, Lancer's, and Subaru's. Also, some Acura's and BMW's.

Dyed in the wool BMW devotee. I traded a 2008 535xi in December for a new 750iL. As far as I'm concerned, there is no other car on the market. I love them.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 12 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I was looking into an AWD 328i. Nice car, but the price is high and depreciation sets in quick. Much better fuel mileage than the Subaru, yet still makes good power. Would be nice, but runs about $10k higher.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Bet that 7 series is comfy.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 24
Elcid89
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I was looking into an AWD 328i. Nice car, but the price is high and depreciation sets in quick. Much better fuel mileage than the Subaru, yet still makes good power. Would be nice, but runs about $10k higher.

Yea, they do depreciate more quickly than I would like, but part of my compensation package is a car allowance, so the firm is bearing the bulk of the cost for the car. What I personally have in the vehicle I more than recoup at trade.

Message 15 of 24
Elcid89
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Like a rolling cloud (albeit a 445hp rolling cloud). I sprang for the Bang & Olufsen setup this time around, and it honestly sounds better than my home stereo does. Say whatever you like about humorless Germans, and I could say plenty, but they flat out know how to build cars. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Yea, they do depreciate more quickly than I would like, but part of my compensation package is a car allowance, so the firm is bearing the bulk of the cost for the car. What I personally have in the vehicle I more than recoup at trade.

Even if the firm wasn't reimbursing for the vehicle, sometimes it is worth it if you really enjoy the car.

My work provides a few hundred per month for the vehicle, not quite enough to get into a luxury car. I also don't make real good money. Even spending $25k is a bit much. I was thinking about spending less, but I don't want to hate the car.

Message 17 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Like a rolling cloud (albeit a 445hp rolling cloud). I sprang for the Bang & Olufsen setup this time around, and it honestly sounds better than my home stereo does. Say whatever you like about humorless Germans, and I could say plenty, but they flat out know how to build cars. Smiley Happy

Someday you got to check out Audi. The S8 is pretty respectable competition. Both great cars. Big, heavy, and powerful. Legacy= Big, heavy, gutless...lol

Message 18 of 24
Elcid89
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Elcid89 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Even if the firm wasn't reimbursing for the vehicle, sometimes it is worth it if you really enjoy the car.

My work provides a few hundred per month for the vehicle, not quite enough to get into a luxury car. I also don't make real good money. Even spending $25k is a bit much. I was thinking about spending less, but I don't want to hate the car.

True. I'd buy the car anyway, but it's always better if you can do it with someone else's money. Smiley Happy

Remember, you don't make real good money [yet]. You will, so enjoy the ride. You only get to go around once. Nobody ever carved "If only I'd had a little less fun" on their tombstone.

Message 19 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Anyone else have any more thoughts? I am thinking about signing the paperwork tomorrow.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.