Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subprime Auto Lender Contacted Mother

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subprime Auto Lender Contacted Mother

I'm late. I know. There's nothing I can do about it. I do feel terrible about it. My subprime auto lender contacted my mother who I have not spoken to in years. She was not listed as a reference or contact person. I'm not sure what was said, but it was made obvious it was in regards to a delinquent account. This is so deeply embarrassing and I've never heard of a company doing this if the names were not given as a reference. Can they do this legally?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Subprime Auto Lender Contacted Mother

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm late. I know. There's nothing I can do about it. I do feel terrible about it. My subprime auto lender contacted my mother who I have not spoken to in years. She was not listed as a reference or contact person. I'm not sure what was said, but it was made obvious it was in regards to a delinquent account. This is so deeply embarrassing and I've never heard of a company doing this if the names were not given as a reference. Can they do this legally?

Sorry for what your going through. It is called skip tracing, it is legal. Happened to me on a delinquent credit card from PenFed. 

Message 2 of 3
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Re: Subprime Auto Lender Contacted Mother

They can call anyone they can find in relation to you. But they cannot say why. Just that they are looking for you and for you to contact them.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.