Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Approval only on loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Approval only on loan?

Who should I apply with for the best car loan out there? TU has the best score right now (although in a month they should all raise) but I want to take advantage of some of the rebates currently out there. Who is the best place to apply that will ONLY pull TU?

EQ 593

EX 593

TU: 683

The disparate amount is because I had a collection showing on two of them and not on the third (this has been resolved but I don't WANT to wait even though I will if need be)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Approval only on loan?

Forgot to mention that I live in Portland, Oregon

Message 2 of 9
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Historically, Honda primarily pulls TU only. Occasionally people are posting that they are pulling EQ on them, but usually TU.

You can always call the dealership and ask the F&I guy. He will tell you what they pull.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any non-dealership car loans that are TU only? Honda isnt really what I was looking for

Message 4 of 9
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Non dealerships will usually pull different reports in different regions of the country, and may pull all 3. Your best bet is to go look at the Auto Approvals thread on this website and take a look through.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Message 5 of 9
BundiFan
Regular Contributor

Ally who use to be GMAC pulls TU for the most part as well.  They cover GM, Chrysler and Saab products.  You can go to their website and see their rates.  I was even thinking of aping with before going to a dealership so they dealership can't play their little finance games with me.

Message 6 of 9
Varakai
New Contributor

BundiFan,

I can not help you with your original question but can say that having been pre approved before walking in to the dealership is a great feeling! However, do let the dealer pull your credit as they can do some amazing things. I was approved for a used car loan by Bank of America @ 4.9%. After some research I told the dealer which car I wanted via an email and how much I wanted to pay for the car out of the door. When I showed up at the dealer a week later, looked at the car, did test drive etc, it was time to make the purchase and I was asked if I needed financing. I said no and the finance girl told me that if I didn't mind having one more hard inquiry on my report, she was pretty sure that she could beat my 4.9%. So I let her and sure enough, got 3.49% for a used car loan with a local bank they do business with. So I got the car I wanted for the invoice price i wanted, the loan term I wanted and at a much lower interest rate...

Starting Score: 500’s
Current Score: EQ Fico 707 TU Fico 737 TU08 Fico (Wal-Mart)736 EX Fico 733
Goal Score: 760+

Message 7 of 9
DJH87
Established Member

Mercedes Benz Financial pulls Transunion.

Message 8 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

Check with local CUs and ask which CRA they pull from.  Safer than asking a dealer.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.