Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesla Auto Loan....got denied by 3 different credit unions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tesla Auto Loan....got denied by 3 different credit unions

Exactly as title says, It's delivery time soon, applied to credit unions after paying off all credit cards, 710,708,713. Get all the way to the amount they can offer, and boom, the last one today said that they denied me based off of credit history. Which is what all the others ones denied me straight away with. 

I looked, in the past 2 years, i've only ever had a single 30 day late payment...

So I looked even futher into accounts that were closed....2016....had a card, had SUPER financial issues from 2015-16 so it got paid late and they settled it at the end of that year...

We can offer around 10% down on the Model S...but now it's like we are gonna have to cancel the order completely.

Such a bummer. Any Ideas?

EDIT: Oh forgot to add. Yes, We can afford the monthly payments even at fully financed....and then some...timing just didnt line up properly (Delivery date was MUCH sooner than anticipated) to put anymore down.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tesla Auto Loan....got denied by 3 different credit unions

RESERVED

Message 2 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Cap One Navigator?

Doesn't Tesla have their own financing?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Did not offer near even half....

Working on seeing what their financing will do. Hoping to hear from them tomorrow.

Message 4 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Tesla will surely come through for you. If there’s one thing car “dealerships” will do, it’s get you in their car. Maybe Tesla is different though. Have you tried any of the banks where you have CCs? 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 7
Indianaguy
Valued Member

Whats the amount that your trying to get financed? and 10% down payment is? when you went to your credit union what did the loan officer say? 

Current fico score 2018 TU762 EQ755 EX760 >
NFCU Cash Rewards18k-NFCU Platinum 18k- Discover 2kcli 9000>13500 - Chase I Freedom 5k- Citi Cash 5k-Burgdorf Goodman 7k-VS5k-True Value Discover3k-Firestone 5k-Carecredit 7k>18k-Amazon9k-Walmart10k-2 Car loans-2 Mortgages- 2 Home Improvement Loan
1 SUV Charge-off that's paid that I co-signed for falls off 7/2016

Buying my second GT-R in 2018
Update approved 2018 BCE SL2700 cli to 9000 and Chase freedom unlimited 6800 SL
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap One Did not offer near even half....

Working on seeing what their financing will do. Hoping to hear from them tomorrow.

Did you end up getting financing?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.